John D Otis
- An examination of the relationship between chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorderJohn D Otis
Psychology Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130 4893, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 40:397-405. 2003..Future directions for research and clinical implications are discussed...
- Complicating factors associated with mild traumatic brain injury: impact on pain and posttraumatic stress disorder treatmentJohn D Otis
Research Service, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130 4893, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 18:145-54. 2011..Finally, the paper concludes with a discussion of the need for a multidisciplinary treatment approach, as well as a call for continued research to further refine existing treatments for these conditions...
- Integration and coordination of pain management in primary careJohn D Otis
Psychology Service, VA Boston Healthcare System and Boston University, Boston, MA 02130, USA
J Clin Psychol 62:1333-43. 2006..The article concludes with a discussion of issues that frequently arise when integrating psychological treatment for pain in primary care settings...
- The development of an integrated treatment for veterans with comorbid chronic pain and posttraumatic stress disorderJohn D Otis
VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130 4893, USA
Pain Med 10:1300-11. 2009..The purpose of this article is to describe the development of the first integrated treatment for Veterans with comorbid chronic pain and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- A randomized controlled pilot study of a cognitive-behavioral therapy approach for painful diabetic peripheral neuropathyJohn D Otis
VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts 02130 4893, USA
J Pain 14:475-82. 2013..CBT may be an effective treatment approach for reducing pain severity and interference associated with painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy...
- Prevalence of chronic pain, posttraumatic stress disorder, and persistent postconcussive symptoms in OIF/OEF veterans: polytrauma clinical triadHenry L Lew
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation PM and R Service, Department of Veterans Affairs VA Boston Healthcare System, 150 South Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02130, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 46:697-702. 2009..These results underscore the complexity of the presenting complaints in OIF/OEF veterans and support the importance of a multidisciplinary team approach to assessment and treatment...
- Self-appraised problem solving and pain-relevant social support as predictors of the experience of chronic painRobert D Kerns
Psychology Service, VA Connecticut Healthcare System and Yale University School of Medicine, West Haven 06516, USA
Ann Behav Med 24:100-5. 2002..The results support the assessment of problem-solving skills in chronic pain patients and the investigation and utility of interventions aimed at increasing adaptive pain-relevant social support...