Affiliation: OSI Pharmaceuticals
- Epithelial to mesenchymal transition is a determinant of sensitivity of non-small-cell lung carcinoma cell lines and xenografts to epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitionStuart Thomson
Departments of Translational Research and Oncology Research, OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Farmingdale, NY 11735, USA
Cancer Res 65:9455-62. 2005..These data suggest that EMT may be a general biological switch rendering non-small cell lung tumors sensitive or insensitive to EGFR inhibition...
- Inactivation of Akt by the epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor erlotinib is mediated by HER-3 in pancreatic and colorectal tumor cell lines and contributes to erlotinib sensitivityElizabeth Buck
Department of Translational Research, OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 1 Bioscience Park Drive, Farmingdale, NY 11787, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 5:2051-9. 2006..These studies suggest that HER-3 could be used as a biomarker to select patients who are most likely to respond to erlotinib therapy...
- Feedback mechanisms promote cooperativity for small molecule inhibitors of epidermal and insulin-like growth factor receptorsElizabeth Buck
Translational Research, Cancer Biology, OSI Pharmaceuticals, Farmingdale, New York 11735, USA
Cancer Res 68:8322-32. 2008..Collectively, these data show that resistance to inhibition of MEK, mTOR, and EGFR is associated with enhanced IGF-IR-directed Akt signaling, where all affect feedback loops converging at the level of IRS-1...
- Rapamycin synergizes with the epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor erlotinib in non-small-cell lung, pancreatic, colon, and breast tumorsElizabeth Buck
OSI Pharmaceuticals, 1 Bioscience Park Drive, Farmingdale, NY 11787, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 5:2676-84. 2006..These results suggest that combining rapamycin with erlotinib might be clinically useful to enhance response to erlotinib...
- Small molecule inhibitors of the IGF-1R/IR axis for the treatment of cancerElizabeth Buck
Translational Research, OSI Pharmaceuticals, Farmingdale, NY 11735, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 20:605-21. 2011..Currently, both IGF-1R-neutralizing antibodies and small-molecule tyrosine kinase inhibitors of IGF-1R/IR are in clinical development...
- Compensatory insulin receptor (IR) activation on inhibition of insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor (IGF-1R): rationale for cotargeting IGF-1R and IR in cancerElizabeth Buck
Translational Research, OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Farmingdale, New York 11735, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:2652-64. 2010..Collectively, these data indicate that cotargeting IGF-1R and IR may provide superior antitumor efficacy compared with targeting IGF-1R alone...
- Pursuit of personalized anticancer therapy: leveraging collaboration between academia and the biotech/pharmaceutical industryElizabeth Buck
OSI Pharmaceuticals, Farmingdale, NY, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 77:358-65. 2010....
- Loss of homotypic cell adhesion by epithelial-mesenchymal transition or mutation limits sensitivity to epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitionElizabeth Buck
OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 1 Bioscience Park Drive, Farmingdale, NY 11735, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:532-41. 2007....
- A novel, potent, and selective insulin-like growth factor-I receptor kinase inhibitor blocks insulin-like growth factor-I receptor signaling in vitro and inhibits insulin-like growth factor-I receptor dependent tumor growth in vivoQun sheng Ji
Oncology, OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc, New York, New York, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:2158-67. 2007..Thus, PQIP represents a potent and selective IGF-IR kinase inhibitor that is especially efficacious in an IGF-II-driven human tumor model...
- Discovery of OSI-906: a selective and orally efficacious dual inhibitor of the IGF-1 receptor and insulin receptorMark J Mulvihill
OSI Oncology, OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 41 Pinelawn, Melville, NY 11747, USA
Future Med Chem 1:1153-71. 2009..The IGF-1 receptor (IGF-1R) has been implicated in the promotion of tumorigenesis, metastasis and resistance to cancer therapies. Therefore, this receptor has become a major focus for the development of anticancer agents...
- Bypassing cellular EGF receptor dependence through epithelial-to-mesenchymal-like transitionsSharon Barr
OSI Pharmaceuticals Inc, 1 Bioscience Park Dr, Farmingdale, NY 11735, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 25:685-93. 2008..The interaction between EGFR and the multiple signaling nodes which regulate EMT suggest that the combination of an EGFR inhibitor and other molecular targeted agents may offer a novel approach to controlling metastasis...
- Epithelial-mesenchymal transition predicts sensitivity to the dual IGF-1R/IR inhibitor OSI-906 in hepatocellular carcinoma cell linesHui Zhao
Department of Translational Research, OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 1 Bioscience Park Drive, Farmingdale, NY 11735, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 11:503-13. 2012....
- Small-molecule ATP-competitive dual IGF-1R and insulin receptor inhibitors: structural insights, chemical diversity and molecular evolutionMeizhong Jin
OSI Pharmaceuticals LLC, Farmingdale, NY 11735, USA
Future Med Chem 4:315-28. 2012..This is an important area to be discussed since one of the major challenges in kinase inhibitor drug discovery is to build an optimal selectivity profile based on biological rationale...