C J Wilhelm
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Acute ethanol does not always affect delay discounting in rats selected to prefer or avoid ethanolClare J Wilhelm
Department of Psychiatry, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Alcohol Alcohol 47:518-24. 2012..The purpose of this study was to determine whether animals predisposed to prefer alcohol possess an altered acute response to alcohol on a delay discounting task relative to animals predisposed to avoid alcohol...
- Mouse lines selected for alcohol consumption differ on certain measures of impulsivityClare J Wilhelm
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:1839-45. 2007..The aim of this study was to examine the role of genetics by comparing impulsivity in short-term selected lines of mice bred to voluntarily drink either high (STDRHI2) or low (STDRLO2) amounts of 10% ethanol...
- Rats bred for high alcohol drinking are more sensitive to delayed and probabilistic outcomesC J Wilhelm
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Genes Brain Behav 7:705-13. 2008..Sensitivity to delayed or probabilistic outcomes may be predictive of future drinking in genetically predisposed individuals...
- Strain differences in delay discounting using inbred ratsC J Wilhelm
Departments of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Genes Brain Behav 8:426-34. 2009..Additional research will be required to disentangle genetic influences from maternal effects and to determine how these factors influence the underlying association between heightened delay discounting and neuropsychiatric disorders...
- Response bias is unaffected by delay length in a delay discounting paradigmClare J Wilhelm
Department of Psychiatry, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, United States
Behav Processes 84:445-9. 2010..These results indicate that response bias was stable and suggests a relative aversion for the adjusting alternative, which may be due to the variability in reward size associated with that alternative...
- Corticotropin releasing factor-1 receptor antagonism alters the biochemical, but not behavioral effects of repeated interleukin-1β administrationClare J Wilhelm
Research and Development Service, Portland VA Medical Center, 3710 SW U S Veterans Hospital Rd, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Neuropharmacology 62:313-21. 2012..Thus, additional studies will be needed to determine whether CRF(1) antagonism is an effective treatment for cytokine-induced sickness. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Anxiety and Depression'...
- D4 receptor deficiency in mice has limited effects on impulsivity and novelty seekingC M Helms
Oregon National Primate Research Center, Division of Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, United States
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 90:387-93. 2008..For both genotypes, more impulsive mice habituated less in the novel open field. These data suggest that the absence of D(4)Rs is not sufficient to cause psychopathologies associated with heightened impulsivity and novelty seeking...