Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- The effect of rising vs. falling glucose level on amperometric glucose sensor lag and accuracy in Type 1 diabetesW K Ward
Legacy Health System, Legacy Research Institute, Portland, OR 97232, USA
Diabet Med 29:1067-73. 2012..It is unclear whether the magnitude of sensor lag is lower during falling glucose than during rising glucose...
- Safe glycemic management during closed-loop treatment of type 1 diabetes: the role of glucagon, use of multiple sensors, and compensation for stress hyperglycemiaW Kenneth Ward
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 5:1373-80. 2011..Elements such as the use of glucagon to minimize hypoglycemia, adaptation to changes in insulin sensitivity, and sensor redundancy will likely increase safety during outpatient use of closed-loop glycemic control systems...
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of native glucagon and glucagon analog (MAR-D28) during aging: lack of cytotoxicity and preservation of hyperglycemic effectW Kenneth Ward
Legacy Health System Research, Portland, Oregon 97232, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 4:1311-21. 2010..However, under some conditions, solutions of glucagon can form amyloid fibrils. Currently, the usage instructions for commercially available glucagon allow only for its immediate use...
- Assesment of a Chronic Subcutaneous Glucose SensorW Ward; Fiscal Year: 2003..ether-based polymer. We will compare their long term function in studies using rabbits, which will be also be used to ascertain the effect of the growth factors and the real-time data processing. ..
- Passivating Proteins in Implantable Glucose SensorsW Ward; Fiscal Year: 2004..8. A histologic evaluation will be performed to assess the effect of passivating proteins and antibody blocked fibrinogen on the nature of the foreign body capsule. ..