Genomes and Genes
Nicole A R Walter
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- The potential significance of adaptive evolution and dimerization in chimpanzee intercellular cell adhesion molecules (ICAMs)Nicole A R Walter
Evolutionary Genomics, Colorado Bioscience Park Center, 12635 East Montview Boulevard, Aurora, Colorado 80010, USA
J Theor Biol 232:339-46. 2005....
- High throughput sequencing in mice: a platform comparison identifies a preponderance of cryptic SNPsNicole A R Walter
Research and Development Service, Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
BMC Genomics 10:379. 2009..With the advent of next-generation, high-throughput sequencing, we are now in a position to determine to what extent polymorphisms are currently cryptic in such models and their impact on downstream analyses...
- Mapping a barbiturate withdrawal locus to a 0.44 Mb interval and analysis of a novel null mutant identify a role for Kcnj9 (GIRK3) in withdrawal from pentobarbital, zolpidem, and ethanolLaura B Kozell
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
J Neurosci 29:11662-73. 2009..Thus, our results will be primary to additional efforts to identify genes involved in a wide variety of behavioral responses to sedative-hypnotics and may directly facilitate progress in human genetics...
- Computational detection of alternative exon usageTed G Laderas
Oregon Clinical Research and Translational Institute, Oregon Health and Science University Portland, OR, USA
Front Neurosci 5:69. 2011..g., gene, transcripts) and the entity (e.g., exon, probeset) within the statistical model. The framework we present is broadly applicable to other platforms (including RNAseq)...
- Genetic diversity and striatal gene networks: focus on the heterogeneous stock-collaborative cross (HS-CC) mouseOvidiu D Iancu
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
BMC Genomics 11:585. 2010..Brain (striatum) gene expression data were obtained using the Illumina Mouse WG 6.1 array, and the data sets were interrogated using a weighted gene co-expression network analysis (WGCNA)...
- Evaluating gene expression in C57BL/6J and DBA/2J mouse striatum using RNA-Seq and microarraysDaniel Bottomly
Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17820. 2011....
- Mpdz is a quantitative trait gene for drug withdrawal seizuresRenee L Shirley
Portland Alcohol Research Center and Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, and the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, mailcode L 470, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Nat Neurosci 7:699-700. 2004..Our findings provide a framework to define the protein interactions and neural circuit by which this gene's product (multiple PDZ domain protein) affects drug dependence, withdrawal and relapse...