V F Turek
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- The behavioral thermoregulatory response of febrile female rats is not attenuated by vagotomyVictoria F Turek
Department of Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 80:115-21. 2005..Rather, this behavioral response to LPS appears to be mediated by a nonvagal mechanism...
- Ethanol versus lipopolysaccharide-induced hypothermia: involvement of urocortinV F Turek
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Mail Code L470, 3181 Southwest Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Neuroscience 133:1021-8. 2005..Ucn1 injection also caused hypothermia, while CRF injection did not. These data demonstrate that EtOH-induced hypothermia, but not LPS-induced hypothermia, may involve Ucn1 from EW acting at CRF2 receptors in the DRN...
- Urocortin 1 expression in five pairs of rat lines selectively bred for differences in alcohol drinkingV F Turek
Portland Alcohol Research Center, Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 181:511-7. 2005..There is accumulating evidence that the neuropeptide urocortin 1 (Ucn1) is involved in alcohol consumption. Thus far, however, most studies have been performed in mice...
- Expression of c-Fos in the mouse Edinger-Westphal nucleus following ethanol administration is not secondary to hypothermia or stressVictoria F Turek
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Brain Res 1063:132-9. 2005..These data demonstrate that activation of EW after EtOH is unrelated to hypothermia or stress...
- Differences in the urocortin 1 system between long-sleep and short-sleep miceVictoria F Turek
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Portland Alcohol Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 92121, USA
Genes Brain Behav 7:113-9. 2008..In addition, these results lend further support to previous findings implicating Ucn1-containing projections from npEW to the dorsal raphe in ethanol-induced hypothermia...
- Fever and hypothermia in systemic inflammation: recent discoveries and revisionsAndrej A Romanovsky
Systemic Inflammation Laboratory, Trauma Research, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, 350 West Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Front Biosci 10:2193-216. 2005..Several new targets for antipyretic therapy, including mPGES-1, have been identified...
- Nonthermal activation of transient receptor potential vanilloid-1 channels in abdominal viscera tonically inhibits autonomic cold-defense effectorsAlexandre A Steiner
Systemic Inflammation Laboratory, Trauma Research, St Joseph s Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona 85013, USA
J Neurosci 27:7459-68. 2007..We conclude that tonic activation of TRPV1 channels in the abdominal viscera by yet unidentified nonthermal factors inhibits skin vasoconstriction and thermogenesis, thus having a suppressive effect on T(b)...