Alan W Taylor
Affiliation: Oregon State University
- Benefits of prolonged gradient separation for high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry quantitation of plasma total 15-series F-isoprostanesAlan W Taylor
Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Corvallis, 97331, USA
Anal Biochem 350:41-51. 2006..Ours is the first validated quantitative assay using HPLC-tandem MS applied to plasma total 15-PGFs...
- Quantitation of plasma total 15-series F(2)-isoprostanes by sequential solid phase and liquid-liquid extractionAlan W Taylor
Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Anal Biochem 396:319-21. 2010..Both changes increased the overall sensitivity of the assay. MS/MS analysis served to confirm the identity of specific peaks that may be better biomarkers than the commonly measured 8-iso-PGF(2alpha)...
- Women and smokers have elevated urinary F(2)-isoprostane metabolites: a novel extraction and LC-MS methodologyAlan W Taylor
Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 97331 6512, USA
Lipids 43:925-36. 2008..05). Thus, our method simultaneously allows measurement of urinary F(2)-IsoPs and their metabolites for the determination of oxidative stress...
- Analysis of proanthocyanidins by high-performance gel permeation chromatographyJames A Kennedy
Department of Food Science and Technology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
J Chromatogr A 995:99-107. 2003..A second-order calibration curve was generated from fractionated grape seed proanthocyanidins and this curve was used to analyze grape seed proanthocyanidins isolated from grapes harvested at extremes of maturity...
- ω-Hydroxylation of phylloquinone by CYP4F2 is not increased by α-tocopherolSherry M Farley
Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA Nutrition Graduate Program, School of Biological and Population Health Sciences Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA
Mol Nutr Food Res 57:1785-93. 2013..The objective of this study was to investigate the initial catabolic step of vitamin E and K metabolism, the ω-hydroxylation by human cytochrome P450 4F2 (CYP4F2)...
- Dietary soy and tea mitigate chronic inflammation and prostate cancer via NFκB pathway in the Noble rat modelAnna Hsu
Department of Nutrition and Exercise Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
J Nutr Biochem 22:502-10. 2011..The ongoing in vivo studies thus far suggest that combination of foods, such as soy and tea, may inhibit hormone-induced proinflammatory NFκB signals that contribute to prostate cancer development...
- Hop (Humulus lupulus L.) proanthocyanidins characterized by mass spectrometry, acid catalysis, and gel permeation chromatographyAlan W Taylor
Department of Chemistry, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
J Agric Food Chem 51:4101-10. 2003..GPC data correlated well with acid catalysis results, confirming the presence of large polymers that were not detected by MS...
- Dietary zinc restriction in rats alters antioxidant status and increases plasma F2 isoprostanesRichard S Bruno
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
J Nutr Biochem 18:509-18. 2007..Collectively, zinc deficiency increased oxidative stress, which may be partially explained by increased CYP activity and reductions in hepatic alpha-tocopherol and gamma-tocopherol and in plasma uric acid...