Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Screening for breast cancer: current recommendations and future directionsDoug Knutson
The Ohio State University, Department of Family Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43201, USA
Am Fam Physician 75:1660-6. 2007..The American Cancer Society recommends annual magnetic resonance imaging as an adjunct to screening mammography in high-risk women 30 years and older...
- Detection and description of small breast masses by residents trained using a standardized clinical breast exam curriculumElizabeth Steiner
OHSU Cancer Institute Breast Health Education Program, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:129-34. 2008..We evaluated the effect of standardized clinical breast examination (CBE) training on residents' ability to detect a 3-mm breast mass in a silicone breast model...
- Assessing breast cancer risk in womenElizabeth Steiner
Department of Family Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Am Fam Physician 78:1361-6. 2008..No convincing evidence supports the use of dietary interventions for the prevention of breast cancer, with the exception of limiting alcohol intake...
- Discovery of breast cancers within 1 year of a normal screening mammogram: how are they found?Patricia A Carney
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH, USA
Ann Fam Med 4:512-8. 2006..We sought to determine how breast cancers that occur within 1 year after a normal mammogram are discovered...
- Clinical inquiries. Does a low-fat diet help prevent breast cancer?Elizabeth Steiner
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, USA
J Fam Pract 56:583-4. 2007