Brett R Stacey
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Gabapentin: a viewpoint by Brett R. StaceyBrett R Stacey
Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon, USA
CNS Drugs 17:983. 2003
- Successful use of spinal cord stimulation in the treatment of severe Raynaud's disease of the handsDavid M Sibell
Oregon Health and Science University, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
Anesthesiology 102:225-7. 2005
- Pregabalin in treatment-refractory fibromyalgiaBrett R Stacey
Comprehensive Pain Center, Department of Anesthesiology and Peri Operative Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Open Rheumatol J 4:35-8. 2010..Fibromyalgia is a chronic musculoskeletal pain disorder. The pain can be intractable and may not respond to commonly-used treatments, such as tricyclic antidepressants and opioids...
- Resource utilization and costs before and after total joint arthroplastyKevin J Bozic
University of California, San Francisco, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, San Francisco, CA 94143 0728, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 12:73. 2012..The purpose of this study was to compare pre- and post-surgical healthcare costs in commercially insured total joint arthroplasty (TJA) patients with osteoarthritis (OA) in the United States (U.S.)...
- Use of gabapentin for postherpetic neuralgia: results of two randomized, placebo-controlled studiesBrett R Stacey
Pain Management Center, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Clin Ther 25:2597-608. 2003..A variety of agents have been used, either singly or in combination, to control PHN, including topical and oral analgesics, antidepressants, and antiepileptic drugs (AEDs). However, PHN often proves refractory to these therapies...
- Pregabalin for neuropathic pain based on recent clinical trialsBrett R Stacey
Department of Anesthesiology and Peri Operative Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Mailcode OP 26, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 10:179-84. 2006..Pregabalin is well tolerated in most patients with infrequent severe adverse effects. Pregabalin is an important addition to the treatment armamentarium for neuropathic pain...
- Pregabalin in the treatment of refractory neuropathic pain: results of a 15-month open-label trialBrett R Stacey
Department of Comprehensive Pain Center, Anesthesiology and Peri Operative Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Pain Med 9:1202-8. 2008..This long-term, open-label study was a preliminary evaluation of pregabalin for patients whose pain had been judged refractory to other treatments for neuropathic pain...
- Pregabalin for postherpetic neuralgia: placebo-controlled trial of fixed and flexible dosing regimens on allodynia and time to onset of pain reliefBrett R Stacey
Oregon Health and Science University, Comprehensive Pain Center, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Pain 9:1006-17. 2008..Pregabalin was significantly better than placebo in alleviating allodynia (flexible-dose reduction, 26 mm; fixed-dose, 21 mm; placebo, 12 mm). Discontinuation rates due to adverse events were more frequent in the fixed-dose group...
- Management of peripheral neuropathic painBrett R Stacey
Pain Management Center, Department of Anesthesiology and Peri Operative Medicine, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 84:S4-16. 2005....
- Interventional therapies in the management of complex regional pain syndromeDavid V Nelson
Department of Anesthesiology and Peri Operative Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Clin J Pain 22:438-42. 2006..The potential roles for these procedures in facilitating functional rehabilitation goals that are primary to the treatment of CRPS are emphasized...
- Use of tricyclic antidepressants in older patients with painful neuropathiesAriel Berger
Policy Analysis Inc PAI, Four Davis Court, Brookline, MA 02445, USA
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 62:757-64. 2006..To describe patterns of use of tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) (e.g., amitriptyline, nortriptyline) in older patients with painful neuropathies...
- Pharmacologic management of neuropathic pain: evidence-based recommendationsRobert H Dworkin
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Pain 132:237-51. 2007..Long-term studies, head-to-head comparisons between medications, studies involving combinations of medications, and RCTs examining treatment of central NP are lacking and should be a priority for future research...
- Interpreting the clinical importance of treatment outcomes in chronic pain clinical trials: IMMPACT recommendationsRobert H Dworkin
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Pain 9:105-21. 2008..Provisional benchmarks for identifying clinically important changes in specific outcome measures that can be used for outcome studies of treatments for chronic pain are proposed...
- Classification of patients with pain based on neuropathic pain symptoms: comparison of an artificial neural network against an established scoring systemMichael Behrman
Department of Mathematics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Eur J Pain 11:370-6. 2007..Data analysis with ANNs provides a framework that extends what current approaches offer, especially for dynamic data, such as the rating of pain descriptors over time...
- Recommendations for the management of herpes zosterRobert H Dworkin
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, 14642, USA
Clin Infect Dis 44:S1-26. 2007..Specific recommendations for the use of these medications are provided. In addition, suggestions are made for treatments that, when used in combination with antiviral therapy, may further reduce pain and other complications of HZ...