Jan M Spitsbergen
Affiliation: Oregon State University
- Epizootic Neoplasia of the Lateral Line System of Lake Trout (Salvelinus namaycush) in New York's Finger LakesJ M Spitsbergen
Department of Microbiology, 220 Nash Hall, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA Email
Vet Pathol 50:418-33. 2013..A hereditary component, however, may have contributed to this syndrome since only fish of the Seneca Lake strain were affected...
- Neoplasia and neoplasm-associated lesions in laboratory colonies of zebrafish emphasizing key influences of diet and aquaculture system designJan M Spitsbergen
Department of Microbiology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
ILAR J 53:114-25. 2012....
- Co-activation of hedgehog and AKT pathways promote tumorigenesis in zebrafishBensheng Ju
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Mol Cancer 8:40. 2009..These results suggest that co-activation of the hedgehog and AKT pathways promote tumorigenesis, and that the binary transgenic approach is a useful tool for studying interaction of oncogenes and oncogenic pathways in zebrafish...
- The state of the art of the zebrafish model for toxicology and toxicologic pathology research--advantages and current limitationsJan M Spitsbergen
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology and Marine Freshwater Biomedical Sciences Center, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97333, USA
Toxicol Pathol 31:62-87. 2003..Therefore, to fully utilize the potential of zebrafish as an animal model for understanding human development, disease, and toxicology we must greatly advance our knowledge on zebrafish diseases and pathology...
- Finfish and aquatic invertebrate pathology resources for now and the futureJan M Spitsbergen
Center for Fish Disease Research, 220 Nash Hall, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 149:249-57. 2009....
- Recommendations for control of pathogens and infectious diseases in fish research facilitiesMichael L Kent
Center for Fish Disease Research, Department of Microbiology, 220 Nash Hall, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 149:240-8. 2009..Nevertheless, the goal of documenting, detecting, and excluding pathogens in fish is just as important as in mammalian research models...
- Luna stain, an improved selective stain for detection of microsporidian spores in histologic sectionsTracy S Peterson
Department of Microbiology, Oregon State University, 220 Nash Hall, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
Dis Aquat Organ 95:175-80. 2011..Gram stain was superior for the 2 microsporidia from invertebrates: S. mytilovum and the unidentified microsporidian from E. sinensis...
- Pseudocapillaria tomentosa, a nematode pathogen, and associated neoplasms of zebrafish (Danio rerio) kept in research coloniesMichael L Kent
Center for Fish Disease Research, Department of Microbiology, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331 3804, USA
Comp Med 52:354-8. 2002..e., intestinal carcinomas and mixed malignant neoplasms). Capillarid nematodes may have intermediate or paratenic hosts. Using a laboratory transmission study, we confirmed that the parasite has a direct life cycle...
- Tissue-specific expression of AHR2, ARNT2, and CYP1A in zebrafish embryos and larvae: effects of developmental stage and 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin exposureEric A Andreasen
Environmental Toxicology Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Toxicol Sci 68:403-19. 2002..However, TCDD-induced zfCYP1A expression was not detected in these tissues. Taken together, these results are consistent with the notion that the cardiovascular system is a primary target of TCDD developmental toxicity in zebrafish...
- MUTANT LINES OF ZEBRAFISH HIGHLY SENSITIVE TO NEOPLASIAJan Spitsbergen; Fiscal Year: 2005..These lines of zebrafish will provide an efficient and inexpensive system for development of new treatment and prevention strategies for cancer, and will help identify new genes controlling growth and differentiation. ..