Scott A Shipman
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Screening for developmental dysplasia of the hip: a systematic literature review for the US Preventive Services Task ForceScott A Shipman
Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Pediatrics 117:e557-76. 2006..Developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH) represents a spectrum of anatomic abnormalities that can result in permanent disability...
- The general pediatrician: projecting future workforce supply and requirementsScott A Shipman
Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
Pediatrics 113:435-42. 2004..To understand the effects of these trends over time, we developed a model that projects the national supply of practicing general pediatricians over a 20-year period (2000-2020)...
- Race-neutral versus race-conscious workforce policy to improve access to careSomnath Saha
Section of General Internal Medicine, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Oregon, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 27:234-45. 2008..These findings have implications for policies and programs that might leverage the workforce to better meet the needs of disadvantaged patients...
- Characterizing a practice-based research network: Oregon Rural Practice-Based Research Network (ORPRN) survey toolsLyle J Fagnan
Oregon Rural Practice Based Research Network, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 20:204-19. 2007..To present the survey methods and instruments used to characterize a geographically and professionally diverse rural practice-based research network (PBRN)...
- Primary care pediatricians' satisfaction with subspecialty care, perceived supply, and barriers to careBeth A Pletcher
Department of Pediatrics, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ, USA
J Pediatr 156:1011-5, 1015.e1. 2010..To compare satisfaction with specialty care by primary care pediatricians (PCPs), perceived barriers to care, and adequacy of specialist supply...
- Screening and interventions for childhood overweight: a summary of evidence for the US Preventive Services Task ForceEvelyn P Whitlock
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente, Portland, Oregon 97227, USA
Pediatrics 116:e125-44. 2005..Purpose. This evidence synthesis examines the evidence for the benefits and harms of screening and early treatment of overweight among children and adolescents in clinical settings...
- The future of primary careScott A Shipman
Ann Intern Med 140:69. 2004
- Family physicians in the child health care workforce: opportunities for collaboration in improving the health of childrenRobert L Phillips
American Academy of Family Physicians, Robert Graham Cente4 for Policy Studies in Family Medicine and Primary Care, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Pediatrics 118:1200-6. 2006....
- Pediatric training and job market trends: results from the American Academy of Pediatrics third-year resident survey, 1997-2002William L Cull
American Academy of Pediatrics, Division of Health Policy Research, Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007, USA
Pediatrics 112:787-92. 2003..To examine trends in pediatric residents' training and job search experiences from 1997-2002...
- Financing graduate medical education to meet the needs of children and the future pediatrician workforceScott A Shipman
Pediatrics 121:855-61. 2008..The financing of graduate medical education is an important and effective tool to ensure that the future pediatrician workforce can provide optimal heath care for infants, children, adolescents, and young adults...
- Outcomes research in pediatric settings: recent trends and future directionsChristopher B Forrest
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Pediatrics 111:171-8. 2003..Pediatric outcomes research examines the effects of health care delivered in everyday medical settings on the health of children and adolescents. It is an area of inquiry in its nascent stages of development...
- A 15-year review of pediatric neurosurgical fellowships: implications for the pediatric neurosurgical workforceSusan R Durham
Department of Surgery Pediatric Neurosurgery, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03756, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 1:429-32. 2008..The present study is a review of all graduates from 1992 through 2006 to identify predictors of American Board of Pediatric Neurological Surgery (ABPNS) certification...
- Appendicitis-pediatric surgeons versus general surgeonsScott A Shipman
Pediatrics 109:988-9. 2002