Dennis W Schultz
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Lack of an association of apolipoprotein E gene polymorphisms with familial age-related macular degenerationDennis W Schultz
Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, 97239, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 121:679-83. 2003..In addition, the epsilon 2 allele of APOE was reported to be possibly associated with an increased risk of AMD...
- HEMICENTIN-1 (FIBULIN-6) and the 1q31 AMD locus in the context of complex disease: review and perspectiveDennis W Schultz
Macular Degeneration Center, Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 3375 SW Terwilliger Boulevard, Portland, OR 97239 4197, U S A
Ophthalmic Genet 26:101-5. 2005..The data can be reconciled through proposing both additional variants in HEMICENTIN-1 and a second genetic risk factor for AMD in the region...
- Analysis of the ARMD1 locus: evidence that a mutation in HEMICENTIN-1 is associated with age-related macular degeneration in a large familyDennis W Schultz
Macular Degeneration Center, Casey Eye Institute, Portland, OR 97239 4197, USA
Hum Mol Genet 12:3315-23. 2003....
- CFH and LOC387715/ARMS2 genotypes and treatment with antioxidants and zinc for age-related macular degenerationMichael L Klein
Macular Degeneration Center, Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Ophthalmology 115:1019-25. 2008..To determine if CFH and LOC387715/ARMS2 genotypes influence treatment response to AREDS-type nutritional supplementation with antioxidants and zinc...
- Haplotypes in the complement factor H (CFH) gene: associations with drusen and advanced age-related macular degenerationPeter J Francis
Macular Degeneration Center, Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e1197. 2007..We aimed to better understand the functional role of this gene in the AMD disease process and assess whether it is associated with earlier forms of the disease...
- The LOC387715 gene, smoking, body mass index, environmental associations with advanced age-related macular degenerationPeter J Francis
Macular Degeneration Center, Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Hum Hered 63:212-8. 2007....
- A novel diagnostic test detects a low frequency of the hemicentin Gln5345Arg variant among Northern Irish age related macular degeneration patientsGareth J McKay
Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Science, Queen s University of Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Mol Vis 10:682-7. 2004..The aim of this study is to develop a rapid diagnostic assay for the detection of this mutation and to evaluate its frequency in a sample of AMD patients...
- Association of CFH Y402H and LOC387715 A69S with progression of age-related macular degenerationJohanna M Seddon
Ophthalmic Epidemiology and Genetics Service, Department of Ophthalmology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
JAMA 297:1793-800. 2007..Studies have reported that single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the genes CFH and LOC387715 are associated with age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Meta-analysis of genome scans of age-related macular degenerationSheila A Fisher
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College London, London SE1 9RT, UK
Hum Mol Genet 14:2257-64. 2005..Several of the regions identified here showed only weak evidence for linkage in the individual studies. These results will help prioritize regions for future positional and functional candidate gene studies in AMD...
- Age-related macular degeneration--a genome scan in extended familiesJacek Majewski
Laboratory of Statistical Genetics, Rockefeller University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Hum Genet 73:540-50. 2003..Our study has identified new loci that should be considered in future mapping and mutational analyses of AMD and has strengthened the evidence in support of loci suggested by other studies...
- Expanded genome scan in extended families with age-related macular degenerationSandra Barral
Laboratory of Statistical Genetics, Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:5453-9. 2006..To investigate further the genetic contribution to age-related macular degeneration (AMD), increasing the power of a previous analysis and reproducing the original findings...