C G Ruaux
Affiliation: Oregon State University
- The expression and role of serotonin receptor 5HTR2A in canine osteoblasts and an osteosarcoma cell lineShay Bracha
Department of Clinical Sciences, Oregon State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 172 Magruder Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331 4802, USA
BMC Vet Res 9:251. 2013..To elucidate specific serotonergic signaling pathways triggered by 5HTR2A, we performed immunoblots for ERK and CREB. Finally, we compared cell viability and the induction of apoptosis in the presence 5HTR2A agonists and antagonists...
- Cobalamin in companion animals: diagnostic marker, deficiency states and therapeutic implicationsC G Ruaux
Department of Clinical Sciences, Oregon State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Vet J 196:145-52. 2013..The prognostic impact of and rational therapy for hypocobalaminemia in domestic animals are discussed...
- Estimates of biological variation in routinely measured biochemical analytes in clinically healthy dogsCraig G Ruaux
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oregon State University, Magruder Hall, 700 SW 30th Street, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Vet Clin Pathol 41:541-7. 2012..The degree of biological variation in routinely measured concentrations and activities of biochemical analytes has not been well defined in client-owned pet dogs...
- Relationships between low serum cobalamin concentrations and methlymalonic acidemia in catsC G Ruaux
Gastrointestinal Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, USA
J Vet Intern Med 23:472-5. 2009..Serum cobalamin concentrations below reference range are a common consequence of gastrointestinal disease in cats. Serum cobalamin <or= 100 ng/L is associated with methylmalonic acidemia...
- Metabolism of amino acids in cats with severe cobalamin deficiencyC G Ruaux
Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843-4474, USA
Am J Vet Res 62:1852-8. 2001..Parenteral administration of cobalamin may be necessary to correct these biochemical abnormalities...
- Early biochemical and clinical responses to cobalamin supplementation in cats with signs of gastrointestinal disease and severe hypocobalaminemiaC G Ruaux
Gastrointestinal Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4474, USA
J Vet Intern Med 19:155-60. 2005....
- Development and analytical validation of an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for the measurement of alpha(1)-proteinase inhibitor in serum and faeces from catsK F Burke
The Gastrointestinal Laboratory, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4474, USA
Res Vet Sci 93:995-1000. 2012..7%, 10.2%, 20.4% for faeces, respectively. Reference intervals were 0.6-1.4 g/L for serum and upto 1.6 μg/g for faeces. We conclude that this ELISA is sufficiently linear, accurate, precise, and reproducible for clinical evaluation...
- Biological variability of C-reactive protein and specific canine pancreatic lipase immunoreactivity in apparently healthy dogsP C Carney
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97330, USA
J Vet Intern Med 25:825-30. 2011..The minimal critical difference for sequential determinations of these markers (ie, the smallest change necessary to represent physiological change rather than biological variation), has not been defined...
- The effect of ex vivo refrigerated storage and cell preservation solution (Cyto-Chex II) on CD11b expression and oxidative burst activity of dog neutrophilsC G Ruaux
The Gastrointestinal Laboratory, Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4474, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 74:59-69. 2000..Cyto-Chex was demonstrated to be a useful reagent for stabilization of dog neutrophil membrane antigens during storage, however this reagent is not recommended for preservation of cells for functional assays...