Charles R Phillips
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Pulmonary artery catheters in acute heart failure: end of an era?Christopher Vernon
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Crit Care 13:1003. 2009..Whether newer devices improve outcome needs to be tested in well-controlled prospective trials...
- Extravascular lung water in sepsis-associated acute respiratory distress syndrome: indexing with predicted body weight improves correlation with severity of illness and survivalCharles R Phillips
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Center for Intensive Care Research, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Crit Care Med 36:69-73. 2008....
- Resuscitation of haemorrhagic shock with normal saline vs. lactated Ringer's: effects on oxygenation, extravascular lung water and haemodynamicsCharles R Phillips
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Physicians Pavilion, Suite 340, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Crit Care 13:R30. 2009..These experiments were designed to determine if differences exist because of crystalloid fluid type in the development of oedema, the impact on oxygenation and the haemodynamic response to fluid administration in early HSR...
- Extravascular lung water predicts progression to acute lung injury in patients with increased risk*Jennifer L LeTourneau
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, and Center for Intensive Care Research, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Crit Care Med 40:847-54. 2012..patients at risk for development of acute lung injury and to determine their ability to predict progression to acute lung injury in patients at risk...
- A novel algorithm to estimate the pulse pressure variation index deltaPPMateo Aboy
Biomedical Signal Processing Laboratory, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Portland State University, 1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 51:2198-203. 2004..The technique can be used to estimate deltaPP from ABP alone, eliminating the need for simultaneously acquiring airway pressure...
- Contaminant exposures at the 4H shell mounds in the Santa Barbara ChannelCharles R Phillips
SAIC, 10260 Campus Point Drive, MS W2, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Mar Pollut Bull 52:1668-81. 2006..These results suggest that, in the absence of physical disturbances, contaminants are expected to remain sequestered in the shell mounds...