Melanie A Paquette
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Sigma ligands, but not N-methyl-D-aspartate antagonists, reduce levodopa-induced dyskinesiasMelanie A Paquette
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Neuroreport 19:111-5. 2008..Antidyskinetic effects of dextromethorphan may be mediated via mechanisms other than NMDA, including the sigma-1 receptor and other binding sites common to dextromethorphan and BMY-14802...
- The sigma-1 antagonist BMY-14802 inhibits L-DOPA-induced abnormal involuntary movements by a WAY-100635-sensitive mechanismMelanie A Paquette
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 204:743-54. 2009..In the 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA) rat model of PD, L-DOPA induces a similar phenomenon, which has been termed abnormal involuntary movement (AIM). We previously demonstrated that BMY-14802 suppresses AIM expression in this model...
- Amphetamine-evoked rotation requires newly synthesized dopamine at 14 days but not 1 day after intranigral 6-OHDA and is consistently dissociated from sensorimotor behaviorMelanie A Paquette
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 1104, USA
Behav Brain Res 200:197-207. 2009..The present data do not support the hypothesis that enhanced DA synthesis is required to express paradoxical rotation. Therefore, alternative mechanisms that may enhance cytoplasmic DA to produce paradoxical rotation are discussed...
- MK-801 inhibits L-DOPA-induced abnormal involuntary movements only at doses that worsen parkinsonismMelanie A Paquette
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Neuropharmacology 58:1002-8. 2010..We conclude that noncompetitive NMDA antagonists are unlikely to suppress dyskinesia clinically without worsening parkinsonism...
- The effects of BMY-14802 against L-DOPA- and dopamine agonist-induced dyskinesia in the hemiparkinsonian ratNirmal Bhide
Behavioral Neuroscience Program, Department of Psychology, Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY 13902 6000, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 227:533-44. 2013..The purported sigma-1 antagonist, BMY-14802 has been previously demonstrated to reduce L-DOPA induced dyskinesia in a 5-HT1A receptor dependent manner...
- Assessment of recovery in the hemiparkinson rat: drug-induced rotation is inadequateEddie Castañeda
Molecular and Structural Neurobiology and Gene Therapy Program, Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona 85287 1104, United States
Physiol Behav 84:525-35. 2005....
- Anti-dyskinetic mechanisms of amantadine and dextromethorphan in the 6-OHDA rat model of Parkinson's disease: role of NMDA vs. 5-HT1A receptorsMelanie A Paquette
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
Eur J Neurosci 36:3224-34. 2012..Combined with previous work from our group, our results support the investigation of 5-HT(1A) agonists as pharmacotherapies for LID in PD patients...