Michelle C Odden
Affiliation: Oregon State University
- Uric acid levels, kidney function, and cardiovascular mortality in US adults: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 1988-1994 and 1999-2002Michelle C Odden
School of Biological and Population Health Sciences, College of Public Health and Human Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR Electronic address
Am J Kidney Dis 64:550-7. 2014..Chronic kidney disease (CKD) and hyperuricemia often coexist, and both conditions are increasing in prevalence in the United States. However, their shared role in cardiovascular risk remains highly debated...
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease across the spectrum of older age: the Cardiovascular Health StudyMichelle C Odden
School of Biological and Population Health Sciences, Oregon State University, 141B Milam Hall, Corvallis, 97331 OR, USA Electronic address
Atherosclerosis 237:336-42. 2014..The associations of some risk factors with cardiovascular disease (CVD) are attenuated in older age; whereas others appear robust. The present study aimed to compare CVD risk factors across older age...
- Hypertension and low HDL cholesterol were associated with reduced kidney function across the age spectrum: a collaborative studyMichelle C Odden
School of Biological and Population Health Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA
Ann Epidemiol 23:106-11. 2013..To determine if the associations among established risk factors and reduced kidney function vary by age...
- Rethinking the association of high blood pressure with mortality in elderly adults: the impact of frailtyMichelle C Odden
College of Public Health and Human Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Arch Intern Med 172:1162-8. 2012..We hypothesized that elevated blood pressure (BP) would be associated with a greater risk of mortality in faster-, but not slower-, walking older adults...
- The association of blood pressure and mortality differs by self-reported walking speed in older LatinosMichelle C Odden
Epidemiology, School of Biological and Population Health Sciences, College of Public Health and Human Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 67:977-83. 2012..We hypothesized that higher BP would be associated with greater mortality in high-functioning elders and lower mortality in elders with lower functional status...
- Antihypertensive medication use and change in kidney function in elderly adults: a marginal structural model analysisMichelle C Odden
Oregon State University, USA
Int J Biostat 7:Article 34. 2011..The evidence for the effectiveness of antihypertensive medication use for slowing decline in kidney function in older persons is sparse. We addressed this research question by the application of novel methods in a marginal structural model...
- Polypharmacy Among Adults Aged 65 Years and Older in the United States: 1988-2010Christina J Charlesworth
College of Public Health and Human Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 70:989-95. 2015..We illustrated trends in prescription medication use over 20 years in the United States, and described characteristics of older adults using multiple medications in 2009-2010...
- Subclinical vascular disease burden and longer survivalMichelle C Odden
School of Biological and Population Health Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon
J Am Geriatr Soc 62:1692-8. 2014..To determine the contribution of gradations of subclinical vascular disease (SVD) to the likelihood of longer survival and to determine what allows some individuals with SVD to live longer...