G F Maddalozzo
Affiliation: Oregon State University
- Whole-body vibration slows the acquisition of fat in mature female ratsG F Maddalozzo
Bone Research Laboratory, Department of Nutrition and Exercise Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 32:1348-54. 2008..To evaluate the effects of whole-body vibration on fat, bone, leptin and muscle mass...
- The association between hormone therapy use and changes in strength and body composition in early postmenopausal womenGianni F Maddalozzo
Bone Research Laboratory, Department of Exercise and Sport Science, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331 6802, USA
Menopause 11:438-46. 2004..Measurements were taken at baseline and 12 months...
- The effects of hormone replacement therapy and resistance training on spine bone mineral density in early postmenopausal womenGianni F Maddalozzo
Department of Nutrition and Exercise Sciences, Bone Research Laboratory, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Bone 40:1244-51. 2007..Moreover, there was no additional benefit in combining HRT with RT for preventing bone loss at the spine in this group of early postmenopausal women...
- Alcohol alters whole body composition, inhibits bone formation, and increases bone marrow adiposity in ratsG F Maddalozzo
Department of Nutrition and Exercise Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Osteoporos Int 20:1529-38. 2009..The present investigation in growing rats was designed to determine the effects of alcohol consumption on body composition, muscle mass, and bone mass, architecture, and turnover...
- Detrimental effects of reloading recovery on force, shortening velocity, and power of soleus muscles from hindlimb-unloaded ratsJ J Widrick
Dept of Nutrition and Exercise Sciences, Oregon State Univ, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R1585-92. 2008..HU-induced reductions in fiber length indicate that sarcomere hyperextension upon the resumption of weight-bearing activity may be an important mechanism underlying this response...
- Effects of low-dose parathyroid hormone on bone mass, turnover, and ectopic osteoinduction in a rat model for chronic alcohol abuseU T Iwaniec
Department of Nutrition and Exercise Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA
Bone 42:695-701. 2008..Based on the animal model, our findings suggest that alcohol consumption could impair the beneficial effects of PTH therapy in osteoporosis...
- Relative effects of exercise training and alendronate treatment on skeletal muscle function of ovariectomized ratsJeffrey J Widrick
Department of Nutrition and Exercise Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331, USA
Menopause 14:528-34. 2007..In this study the authors investigated the combined effects of increased physical activity and bisphosphonate treatment on skeletal muscle function using an animal model of postmenopausal osteoporosis...
- Morphological and functional characteristics of skeletal muscle fibers from hormone-replaced and nonreplaced postmenopausal womenJeffrey J Widrick
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 58:3-10. 2003..In this cross-sectional study, we found no evidence that Ca(2+)-activated fiber function, MHC isoform distribution, or relative CSA occupied by slow and fast fibers differed between HRT and non-HRT groups...
- Concurrent validity of the BOD POD and dual energy x-ray absorptiometry techniques for assessing body composition in young womenGianni F Maddalozzo
Department of Exercise and Sports Science, Oregon State University, Corvallis, 97331 3303, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 102:1677-9. 2002..Exact matches, in terms of body fat percentage, were obtained for 10 of the 43 participants (23.3%). In conclusion, our data supports the concurrent validity of the BP and DXA techniques for assessing body fat in young women...