Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Identification of cisplatin-binding proteins using agarose conjugates of platinum compoundsTakatoshi Karasawa
Oregon Hearing Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e66220. 2013....
- Calreticulin binds to gentamicin and reduces drug-induced ototoxicityTakatoshi Karasawa
Oregon Hearing Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Toxicol Sci 124:378-87. 2011..Therefore, we conclude that CRT binding to gentamicin is protective against gentamicin-induced cytotoxicity...
- CLIMP-63 is a gentamicin-binding protein that is involved in drug-induced cytotoxicityT Karasawa
Oregon Hearing Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, 97239, USA
Cell Death Dis 1:e102. 2010..Gentamicin also enhanced the binding between CLIMP-63 and 14-3-3 proteins, and we also identified that 14-3-3 proteins are involved in gentamicin-induced cytotoxicity, likely by binding to CLIMP-63...
- Intracellular mechanisms of aminoglycoside-induced cytotoxicityTakatoshi Karasawa
Oregon Hearing Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Integr Biol (Camb) 3:879-86. 2011..We also discuss potential strategies to reduce aminoglycoside cytotoxicity, which are necessary for greater bactericidal efficacy during aminoglycoside pharmacotherapy...
- Bumetanide hyperpolarizes madin-darby canine kidney cells and enhances cellular gentamicin uptake by elevating cytosolic Ca(2+) thus facilitating intermediate conductance Ca(2+)--activated potassium channelsTian Wang
Oregon Hearing Research Center, NRC04, Department of Otolaryngology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Cell Biochem Biophys 65:381-98. 2013....
- TRPV4 enhances the cellular uptake of aminoglycoside antibioticsTakatoshi Karasawa
Oregon Hearing Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Cell Sci 121:2871-9. 2008..In an endolymph-like extracellular environment, clearance of GTTR was attenuated from KPT2-TRPV4 cells in a TRPV4-dependent fashion. We propose that TRPV4 has a role in aminoglycoside uptake and retention in the cochlea...
- Aminoglycoside uptake and clearance in mammalian cellsTakatoshi Karasawa; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, we will conduct in vivo gentamicin injection experiments and determine if strial endothelial cells uptake gentamicin, allowing the drug to pass through stria vascularis, and if this process is also dependent on TRPV4 channel. ..