Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Management of hyperglycemia in a hospitalized patient with diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular diseaseJoel Papak
Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, Oregon, USA
Am J Cardiol 110:24B-31B. 2012....
- Post-discharge intervention in vulnerable, chronically ill patientsDevan Kansagara
Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
J Hosp Med 7:124-30. 2012..Studies suggest that the inpatient to outpatient transition of care is a vulnerable period for patients, and socioeconomically disadvantaged populations may be particularly susceptible...
- Intensive insulin therapy in hospitalized patients: a systematic reviewDevan Kansagara
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:268-82. 2011..The benefits and harms of intensive insulin therapy (IIT) titrated to strict glycemic targets in hospitalized patients remain uncertain...
- Risk prediction models for hospital readmission: a systematic reviewDevan Kansagara
Department of General Internal Medicine, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Mailcode RD71, 3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Rd, Portland, OR 97239, USA
JAMA 306:1688-98. 2011..Predicting hospital readmission risk is of great interest to identify which patients would benefit most from care transition interventions, as well as to risk-adjust readmission rates for the purposes of hospital comparison...
- "Did I do as best as the system would let me?" Healthcare professional views on hospital to home care transitionsMelinda M Davis
Oregon Rural Practice Based Research Network, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:1649-56. 2012..Patients are vulnerable to poor quality, fragmented care as they transition from hospital to home. Few studies examine the discharge process from the perspectives of multiple healthcare professionals...
- "We've not gotten even close to what we want to do": a qualitative study of early patient-centered medical home implementationAnais Tuepker
Portland VA Medical Center, Health Services Research and Development VISN 20 PACT Demonstration Laboratory, Veterans Health Administration, Mail code R and D63, PO Box 1034, Portland, OR, 97239, USA
J Gen Intern Med 29:S614-22. 2014....
- Planning and designing the care transitions innovation (C-Train) for uninsured and Medicaid patientsHonora Englander
Departments of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University Englander Kansagara and Portland VA Medical Center Kansagara, Portland, OR, USA
J Hosp Med 7:524-9. 2012..This article describes our experience developing a hospital-funded transitional care program for uninsured and Medicaid patients...
- Screening adults for type 2 diabetes: a review of the evidence for the U.S. Preventive Services Task ForceSusan L Norris
Oregon Evidence based Practice Center of the Oregon Health and Science University and Portland Veterans Administration Medical Center, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Ann Intern Med 148:855-68. 2008..In addition, it is estimated that more than 54 million adults have prediabetes. Debate continues over the benefits and harms of screening and then treating adults who have asymptomatic diabetes or prediabetes...
- The care transitions innovation (C-TraIn) for socioeconomically disadvantaged adults: results of a cluster randomized controlled trialHonora Englander
Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, BTE 119, Portland, OR, 97239, USA
J Gen Intern Med 29:1460-7. 2014..It is important to consider these patients separately as many are high-utilizers, have different needs, and may have different responses to interventions...
- Educational group visits for the management of chronic health conditions: a systematic reviewAna R Quiñones
Portland VA Medical Center, Health Services Research and Development, Portland, USA Oregon Health and Science University, Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Portland, USA Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 95:3-29. 2014..Review the effectiveness of group visits (appointments of multiple patients) on quality of life, function, self-efficacy, utilization, and biophysical outcomes in randomized controlled trials of patients with chronic conditions...
- Getting performance metrics right: a qualitative study of staff experiences implementing and measuring practice transformationDevan Kansagara
Portland VA Medical Center Health Services Research and Development VISN 20 PACT Demonstration Laboratory, Veterans Health Administration, Mailcode R and D63, PO Box 1034, Portland, OR, 97207, USA
J Gen Intern Med 29:S607-13. 2014..Staff perceptions of performance metric implementation have not been well-researched in medical home settings...