Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Management of hyperglycemia in a hospitalized patient with diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular diseaseJoel Papak
Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, Oregon, USA
Am J Cardiol 110:24B-31B. 2012....
- Post-discharge intervention in vulnerable, chronically ill patientsDevan Kansagara
Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
J Hosp Med 7:124-30. 2012..Studies suggest that the inpatient to outpatient transition of care is a vulnerable period for patients, and socioeconomically disadvantaged populations may be particularly susceptible...
- Intensive insulin therapy in hospitalized patients: a systematic reviewDevan Kansagara
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:268-82. 2011..The benefits and harms of intensive insulin therapy (IIT) titrated to strict glycemic targets in hospitalized patients remain uncertain...
- Risk prediction models for hospital readmission: a systematic reviewDevan Kansagara
Department of General Internal Medicine, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Mailcode RD71, 3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Rd, Portland, OR 97239, USA
JAMA 306:1688-98. 2011..Predicting hospital readmission risk is of great interest to identify which patients would benefit most from care transition interventions, as well as to risk-adjust readmission rates for the purposes of hospital comparison...
- Planning and designing the care transitions innovation (C-Train) for uninsured and Medicaid patientsHonora Englander
Departments of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University Englander Kansagara and Portland VA Medical Center Kansagara, Portland, OR, USA
J Hosp Med 7:524-9. 2012..This article describes our experience developing a hospital-funded transitional care program for uninsured and Medicaid patients...
- Screening adults for type 2 diabetes: a review of the evidence for the U.S. Preventive Services Task ForceSusan L Norris
Oregon Evidence based Practice Center of the Oregon Health and Science University and Portland Veterans Administration Medical Center, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Ann Intern Med 148:855-68. 2008..In addition, it is estimated that more than 54 million adults have prediabetes. Debate continues over the benefits and harms of screening and then treating adults who have asymptomatic diabetes or prediabetes...
- "Did I do as best as the system would let me?" Healthcare professional views on hospital to home care transitionsMelinda M Davis
Oregon Rural Practice Based Research Network, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:1649-56. 2012..Patients are vulnerable to poor quality, fragmented care as they transition from hospital to home. Few studies examine the discharge process from the perspectives of multiple healthcare professionals...