Heather M Hood
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Allelic variation in the GABA A receptor gamma2 subunit is associated with genetic susceptibility to ethanol-induced motor incoordination and hypothermia, conditioned taste aversion, and withdrawal in BXD/Ty recombinant inbred miceH M Hood
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health Sciences University and Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 24:1327-34. 2000..These BXD strains provide 26 fixed recombinant genotypes that can be used to examine genetic correlations, for example, between a phenotype of interest and allelic variation in a candidate gene...
- Genomewide search for epistasis in a complex trait: pentobarbital withdrawal convulsions in miceH M Hood
Portland Alcohol Research Center and Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health Sciences University, 97201, USA
Behav Genet 31:93-100. 2001..0004). This modifier is in the same genomic vicinity as loci detected for a variety of withdrawal and seizure phenotypes...
- Fine mapping of a sedative-hypnotic drug withdrawal locus on mouse chromosome 11H M Hood
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience and Portland Alcohol Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97006 8921, USA
Genes Brain Behav 5:1-10. 2006....
- Evolutionary changes in the fungal carbamoyl-phosphate synthetase small subunit gene and its associated upstream open reading frameHeather M Hood
Department of Environmental and Biomolecular Systems, Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, OR 97006 8921, USA
Fungal Genet Biol 44:93-104. 2007..A diverged Basidiomycete AAP was shown to retain function as an Arg-specific negative regulator of translation...
- Enabling a community to dissect an organism: overview of the Neurospora functional genomics projectJay C Dunlap
Department of Genetics, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Adv Genet 57:49-96. 2007..In addition, these studies have driven the assembly of an SNP map presently populated by nearly 300 markers that will greatly accelerate the positional cloning of genes...