William F Hoffman
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Neuropsychological function and delay discounting in methamphetamine-dependent individualsWilliam F Hoffman
Mental Health and Clinical Neurosciences Division and Methamphetamine Abuse Research Center P35C, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 188:162-70. 2006..Methamphetamine (MA) dependence accounts for substantial neuropsychiatric morbidity. Furthermore, there is evidence in the literature of psychiatric and cognitive impairment in chronic users...
- Cortical activation during delay discounting in abstinent methamphetamine dependent individualsWilliam F Hoffman
Mental Health and Clinical Neurosciences Division P35C, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 201:183-93. 2008..The ventral system is hypothesized to respond to the salience and immediacy of rewards while the dorsal system is implicated in the process of comparison and choice...
- Global and local morphometric differences in recently abstinent methamphetamine-dependent individualsDaniel L Schwartz
Research Service, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
Neuroimage 50:1392-401. 2010..The findings are consistent with multiple possible mechanisms including neuroadaptations due to addictive behavior, neuroinflammation as well as dopaminergic and serotonergic neurotoxicity...
- Strategies to decrease costs of prescribing selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors at a VA Medical CenterSteven K Dobscha
Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Oregon 97207, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:195-200. 2003..The authors examined the efficacy of a multifaceted intervention designed to contain the cost of prescribing selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) to inpatients and outpatients served by a Veterans Affairs (VA) medical center...
- The niacin skin flush abnormality in schizophrenia: a quantitative dose-response studyErik Messamore
Behavioral Health and Clinical Neurosciences Division, 3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Road, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Schizophr Res 62:251-8. 2003....
- Clinical outcomes of integrated psychiatric and general medical careKristen Snyder
Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Mental Health Division, Acute Psychiatry, Portland, OR, USA
Community Ment Health J 44:147-54. 2008..This study suggests that integrated care can be provided to chronically mentally ill patients in a primary care setting and generate outcomes comparable to those of standard care...
- Niacin sensitivity and the arachidonic acid pathway in schizophreniaErik Messamore
Behavorial Health and Clinical Neurosciences Division, Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Schizophr Res 122:248-56. 2010..Since niacin-induced skin flushing is mediated by vasodilators derived from arachidonic acid (AA), we tested whether the blunted flush response to niacin is a marker of AA deficiency...