Theresa A Harvath
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Enhancing nursing leadership in long-term care. A review of the literatureTheresa A Harvath
John A Hartford Center for Geriatric Nursing Excellence, School of Nursing, Oregon Health and Science University, 3455 SW U S Veterans Road, Portland, OR 97239 2941, USA
Res Gerontol Nurs 1:187-96. 2008..To maximize their effectiveness, these leadership training programs should be part of a continuum of leadership development that begins in nursing education programs and persists throughout a nurse's career trajectory...
- Best practices initiative: nurturing partnerships that promote changeTheresa A Harvath
School of Nursing, Oregon Health and Science University, Porland, OR 97239 2941, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 33:19-26. 2007..This article presents the Best Practices Initiative Partnership Model, some of the lessons learned about partnering with clinical agencies, and an overview of the projects that involved each partner...
- Voluntary refusal of food and fluids: attitudes of Oregon hospice nurses and social workersTheresa A Harvath
School of Nursing, Oregon Health and Science University, 3455 SW US Veterans Road, SN 5N, Portland, OR 97239 2941, USA
Int J Palliat Nurs 10:236-41; discussion 242-3. 2004..These results may have important clinical implications for nurses and social workers involved in end-of-life care who encounter patients who wish to hasten their deaths...
- Best practice initiatives in geriatric nursing: experiences from the John A. Hartford Foundation Centers of Geriatric Nursing ExcellenceTheresa A Harvath
Oregon Health and Science University, School of Nursing, Portland, OR 97239 2941, USA
Nurs Outlook 54:212-8. 2006
- What if Maslow was wrong?Theresa A Harvath
Advanced Practice Gerontological Nursing at Oregon Health and Science, University School of Nursing in Portland, USA
Am J Nurs 108:11. 2008
- Nurses' experiences with hospice patients who refuse food and fluids to hasten deathLinda Ganzini
Department of Veterans Affairs, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oreg, USA
N Engl J Med 349:359-65. 2003..Voluntary refusal of food and fluids has been proposed as an alternative to physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients who wish to hasten death. There are few reports of patients who have made this choice...
- Attitudes and experiences of Oregon hospice nurses and social workers regarding assisted suicideLois L Miller
School of Nursing, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland 97239 2941, USA
Palliat Med 18:685-91. 2004..However, 86% of the 171 persons in Oregon who have died by lethal prescription were enrolled in hospice programmes...
- Experiences of Oregon nurses and social workers with hospice patients who requested assistance with suicideLinda Ganzini
Mental Health Division, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, OR 97207, USA
N Engl J Med 347:582-8. 2002..Although 78 percent of the 91 Oregonians who have died by assisted suicide were enrolled in hospice programs, there is little information about the experiences of hospice practitioners with these patients...
- Quality of death and dying in patients who request physician-assisted deathKathryn A Smith
School of Nursing, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Palliat Med 14:445-50. 2011..Physician-assisted death (PAD) was legalized in 1997 by Oregon's Death with Dignity Act (ODDA). Through 2009, 460 Oregonians have died by lethal prescription under the ODDA...
- Managing chronic, nonhealing wounds using a research-based protocolNancy Benton
Home and Cmomunity Based Services, Portland, OR, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 33:38-45. 2007....
- Partnerships in gerontological nursing research and practiceTheresa A Harvath
J Gerontol Nurs 33:3-4. 2007
- Remote wound care consultation for nursing homes: using a web-based assessment and care planning toolLanny Hammett
Kaiser Permanente Northwest, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 33:27-35; quiz 36-7. 2007..In this article, the authors report on the development and pilot testing of a Web-based pressure ulcer management tool used for remote consultation in LTC...