Daniel M Hartung
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Effects of a prior-authorization policy for celecoxib on medical service and prescription drug use in a managed care Medicaid populationDaniel M Hartung
Oregon State University College of Pharmacy, Portland, USA
Clin Ther 26:1518-32. 2004..Prior authorization (PA) is a poorly studied but commonly employed policy used by health care payers to manage the rising costs of pharmacy benefits...
- The cost of multiple sclerosis drugs in the US and the pharmaceutical industry: Too big to fail?Daniel M Hartung
From the College of Pharmacy D M H, S M A, Oregon State University Oregon Health and Science University and the Department of Neurology D N B, R H W, Oregon Health and Science University, Multiple Sclerosis Center of Excellence West, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland
Neurology 84:2185-92. 2015..To examine the pricing trajectories in the United States of disease-modifying therapies (DMT) for multiple sclerosis (MS) over the last 20 years and assess the influences on rising prices...
- Changes in long-acting β-agonist utilization after the FDA's 2010 drug safety communicationDaniel M Hartung
Oregon State University Oregon Health and Science University, College of Pharmacy, Portland, Oregon Electronic address
Clin Ther 37:114-123.e1. 2015..The objective of this study was to determine the impact of the FDA's 2010 safety advisory on LABA utilization...
- Extended-release naltrexone for alcohol and opioid dependence: a meta-analysis of healthcare utilization studiesDaniel M Hartung
Oregon State University Oregon Health and Science University College of Pharmacy, 3303 SW Bond Avenue, CH12C, Portland OR 97239 Electronic address
J Subst Abuse Treat 47:113-21. 2014..Opioid dependent XR-NTX patients had lower inpatient substance abuse-related utilization versus other agents and $8170 lower total cost versus methadone...
- A pilot study evaluating alternative approaches of academic detailing in rural family practice clinicsDaniel M Hartung
Oregon State University College of Pharmacy, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, 97239, USA
BMC Fam Pract 13:129. 2012..Our study evaluates different models of delivering academic detailing in a rural family medicine setting...
- Generic substitution of lamotrigine among medicaid patients with diverse indications: a cohort-crossover studyDaniel M Hartung
Oregon State University College of Pharmacy, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
CNS Drugs 26:707-16. 2012..Lamotrigine, the prototypical newer AED, is often used for psychiatric and neurological conditions other than epilepsy. The safety of generic substitution of lamotrigine in diverse populations of AED users is unclear...
- Effect of drug sample removal on prescribing in a family practice clinicDaniel M Hartung
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Oregon State University College of Pharmacy, Portland, Oregon, USA
Ann Fam Med 8:402-9. 2010..The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of a policy prohibiting prescription drug samples and pharmaceutical industry interaction on prescribing patterns in a rural family practice clinic in central Oregon...
- Overview of clinical research designDaniel M Hartung
College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 66:398-408. 2009..Basic concepts and terminology of clinical research design are presented for new clinical investigators...
- Impact of a Medicaid copayment policy on prescription drug and health services utilization in a fee-for-service Medicaid populationDaniel M Hartung
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Oregon State University College of Pharmacy, Portland, Oregon 97239 4501, USA
Med Care 46:565-72. 2008..Research exploring the effects of copays on pharmacy and health care utilization in Medicaid patients is limited, especially among patients with chronic disease...
- Rates of adverse events of long-acting opioids in a state Medicaid programDaniel M Hartung
College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University, Oregon Health and Science University Campus, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:921-8. 2007..Despite widespread use and emerging safety concerns, data on the comparative safety and effectiveness of long-acting opioid (LAO) analgesics are weak...
- Initial results of the use of prescription order change forms to achieve dose form optimization (consolidation and tablet splitting) of SSRI antidepressants in a state Medicaid programAnn M Hamer
Drug Use Research and Mangement Program, Oregon State University College of Pharmacy, Portland, OR 97201 4952, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 12:449-56. 2006..Dose form optimization can reduce the direct cost of therapy by up to 50% while continuing the same daily dose of the same drug molecule...
- Patterns of atypical antipsychotic subtherapeutic dosing among Oregon Medicaid patientsDaniel M Hartung
Oregon State University, Portland, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:1540-7. 2008....
- Risk of hospitalization for heart failure associated with thiazolidinedione therapy: a medicaid claims-based case-control studyDaniel M Hartung
College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Pharmacotherapy 25:1329-36. 2005..To determine, in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus, whether an association exists between thiazolidinedione therapy or other diabetes therapies and hospital admission for heart failure...
- An evaluation of Oregon's evidence-based Practitioner-Managed Prescription Drug PlanDaniel M Hartung
Drug Use Research and Management Program, College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University, Portland, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:1423-32. 2006..1 percent and 17.7 percent after implementation of the DAW and soft PA policies, respectively. Data from nonenforced PMPDP classes showed no change; this suggests the need for effective methods to encourage PMPDP compliance...
- Clinical implications of an accurate problem list on heart failure treatmentDaniel M Hartung
Oregon State University College of Pharmacy, Portland, OR, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:143-7. 2005..However, little empirical evidence exists demonstrating improved patient outcomes as a result of an adequately structured problem list...
- Breaking up is hard to do: lessons learned from a pharma-free practice transformationDavid Evans
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 26:332-8. 2013..Little guidance for practicing physicians exists about transforming practices to become pharma-free. Consideration must be given to the impact on practice culture, staff views, and patient needs...
- The safety and efficacy of vortioxetine for acute treatment of major depressive disorder: a systematic review and meta-analysisAmanda S Meeker
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University Oregon Health and Science University, 2730 SW Moody Ave, Mail code CL5CP, Portland, OR, 97239, USA
Syst Rev 4:21. 2015..We sought to evaluate all published and unpublished data available to determine the efficacy and harms of vortioxetine in adults with major depressive disorder...
- Risk factors associated with linezolid-nonsusceptible enterococcal infectionsJessina C McGregor
College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Am J Infect Control 40:886-7. 2012..Previous hospitalization, admission to a medical service, comorbidity, and linezolid and sulfonamide therapy were identified as risk factors...