Melissa A Haendel
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Ontology based molecular signatures for immune cell types via gene expression analysisTerrence F Meehan
Department of Neurology, University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, 100 High Street, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 14:263. 2013....
- Linking human diseases to animal models using ontology-based phenotype annotationNicole L Washington
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, USA
PLoS Biol 7:e1000247. 2009....
- Research resources: curating the new eagle-i discovery systemNicole Vasilevsky
Oregon Health and Science University, Library, Lib, 3181 S W Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Database (Oxford) 2012:bar067. 2012..Finally, we highlight the commonalities and differences between eagle-i and similar efforts with the hope that our lessons learned will assist other biocuration endeavors. DATABASE URL: www.eagle-i.net...
- Dealing with data: a case study on information and data management literacyMelissa A Haendel
Library, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS Biol 10:e1001339. 2012....
- Lost and found in behavioral informaticsMelissa A Haendel
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Int Rev Neurobiol 103:1-18. 2012..For the behavioral sciences, this provides a fundamental shift in our ability to associate and dissociate behavioral processes and relate biological and behavioral entities, thereby pinpointing the biological basis of behavior...
- Uberon, an integrative multi-species anatomy ontologyChristopher J Mungall
Genomics Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1 Cycltotron Road MS 64 121, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Genome Biol 13:R5. 2012..It uses novel methods for representing taxonomic variation, and has proved to be essential for translational phenotype analyses. Uberon is available at http://uberon.org...
- Integrating phenotype ontologies across multiple speciesChristopher J Mungall
Genome Dynamics Department, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Genome Biol 11:R2. 2010..We also show how these logical definitions can be used for data integration when combined with a unified multi-species anatomy ontology...
- On the reproducibility of science: unique identification of research resources in the biomedical literatureNicole A Vasilevsky
Ontology Development Group, Library, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Peerj 1:e148. 2013..Scientific efficiency and reproducibility depend upon a research-wide improvement of this substantial problem in science today...