Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Histone modifications associated with herpes simplex virus type 1 genomes during quiescence and following ICP0-mediated de-repressionHeather M Coleman
Division of Virology, Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QP, UK
J Gen Virol 89:68-77. 2008..This observation suggests that acetylation of histone H3 in response to ICP0 expression is not uniformly targeted across the HSV-1 genome during ICP0-mediated de-repression...
- Identification and characterization of human cytomegalovirus-encoded microRNAsFinn Grey
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Virol 79:12095-9. 2005..These studies demonstrate that human cytomegalovirus encodes multiple conserved miRNAs and suggest that human cytomegalovirus may utilize an miRNA strategy to regulate cellular and viral gene function...
- A human cytomegalovirus-encoded microRNA regulates expression of multiple viral genes involved in replicationFinn Grey
Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 3:e163. 2007..This study demonstrates the ability of a viral miRNA to regulate multiple viral genes...
- The functions of herpesvirus-encoded microRNAsFinn Grey
Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, 505 NW 185th Ave, Portland, OR 97006, USA
Med Microbiol Immunol 197:261-7. 2008..In this review, we will cover the identification and characterization of miRNAs expressed in the herpesvirus family and discuss the potential significance of their role in viral infection...
- Identification and function of human cytomegalovirus microRNAsFinn Grey
Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, 505 NW 185th Avenue, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR 97006, USA
J Clin Virol 41:186-91. 2008..Such studies will enable us to define the functional role of viral miRNAs and gain a better understanding of viral gene regulation...
- A viral microRNA down-regulates multiple cell cycle genes through mRNA 5'UTRsFinn Grey
Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 6:e1000967. 2010..Deletion of miR-US25-1 from HCMV results in over expression of cyclin E2 in the context of viral infection. Our studies demonstrate that a viral miRNA mediates translational repression of multiple cellular genes by targeting mRNA 5'UTRs...
- Cytomegalovirus microRNA expression is tissue specific and is associated with persistenceChristine Meyer
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology and The Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Virol 85:378-89. 2011..Our study identified the miRNAs expressed by RCMV in vitro and in vivo and demonstrated that expression is tissue specific and associated with a stage of viral infection...
- Rat cytomegalovirus gene expression in cardiac allograft recipients is tissue specific and does not parallel the profiles detected in vitroDaniel N Streblow
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, The Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 505 SW 185th St, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
J Virol 81:3816-26. 2007....
- Characterization of a neurovirulent aciclovir-resistant variant of herpes simplex virusFinn Grey
Division of Virology, Department of Pathology, Cambridge University, Tennis Court Road, UK
J Gen Virol 84:1403-10. 2003..Thus, this variant is the major component in virus reactivated from latently infected ganglia. Mutation frequency appears to be influenced by the genetic background of the virus...