D H Gonzales
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Effects of gender on relapse prevention in smokers treated with bupropion SRDavid Gonzales
Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland 97201, USA
Am J Prev Med 22:234-9. 2002..Lower abstinence and higher relapse rates are often reported for women treated with NRT. Gender effects for those treated with non-nicotinic, bupropion-hydrochloride sustained release for relapse prevention have not been studied...
- Support for spirituality in smoking cessation: results of pilot surveyDavid Gonzales
OHSU Smoking Cessation Center, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Medicine, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 9:299-303. 2007..We conclude that smokers, especially heavier smokers, may be receptive to using spiritual resources in a quit attempt and that spirituality in tobacco dependence treatment warrants additional investigation and program development...
- Bupropion SR as an aid to smoking cessation in smokers treated previously with bupropion: a randomized placebo-controlled studyD H Gonzales
Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, 97201, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 69:438-44. 2001..In particular, the effect of repeated use of bupropion SR (Zyban; INN, amfebutamone) on abstinence rates has not been studied previously...
- Immediate versus delayed quitting and rates of relapse among smokers treated successfully with varenicline, bupropion SR or placeboDavid Gonzales
OHSU Smoking Cessation Center, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Addiction 105:2002-13. 2010..We assessed to what degree smokers who fail to quit on the target quit date (TQD) or lapse following TQD eventually achieve success with continued treatment...
- Varenicline, an alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor partial agonist, vs sustained-release bupropion and placebo for smoking cessation: a randomized controlled trialDavid Gonzales
Smoking Cessation Center, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
JAMA 296:47-55. 2006..TRIAL REGISTRATION: clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00141206...
- Bupropion for pharmacologic relapse prevention to smoking: predictors of outcomeRichard D Hurt
Nicotine Research Center, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Addict Behav 27:493-507. 2002..These data should encourage others to perform similar pharmacologic relapse prevention studies with this or other pharmacotherapies...
- Bupropion SR for relapse prevention: a "slips-allowed" analysisMichael J Durcan
Smoking Control, GlaxoSmithKline, 1500 Littleton Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054, USA
Am J Health Behav 28:456-63. 2004..To assess the efficacy of bupropion SR on smoking abstinence using a "slips allowed" analysis...
- The effect of bupropion sustained-release on cigarette craving after smoking cessationMichael J Durcan
GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Clin Ther 24:540-51. 2002..The effect of continued use of pharmacotherapy for smoking cessation on relapse rates is unknown. Bupropion sustained-release (SR) is the first non-nicotine-based therapy that is effective for achieving abstinence from smoking...
- Smoking cessation with varenicline, a selective alpha4beta2 nicotinic receptor partial agonist: results from a 7-week, randomized, placebo- and bupropion-controlled trial with 1-year follow-upMitchell Nides
Los Angeles Clinical Trials, 2990 S Sepulveda Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90064, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:1561-8. 2006..This study evaluated the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of 3 varenicline doses for smoking cessation. Bupropion hydrochloride was included as an active control...
- Efficacy and safety of the novel selective nicotinic acetylcholine receptor partial agonist, varenicline, for smoking cessationCheryl Oncken
University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:1571-7. 2006....
- Comment: Oral varenicline for smoking cessationDavid Gonzales
Ann Pharmacother 41:720-1. 2007