Katherine R Gililland
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- The impact of gonadectomy and adrenalectomy on acute withdrawal severity in male and female C57BL/6J and DBA/2J mice following a single high dose of ethanolKatherine R Gililland
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:1846-57. 2007..Thus, the purpose of the present study was to determine the impact of removal of the adrenals and/or gonads on withdrawal severity following a single high dose of ethanol in 2 genotypes that differ in ethanol withdrawal severity...
- The neurosteroid environment in the hippocampus exerts bi-directional effects on seizure susceptibility in miceKatherine R Gililland-Kaufman
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Brain Res 1243:113-23. 2008....
- Decreased anticonvulsant efficacy of allopregnanolone during ethanol withdrawal in female Withdrawal Seizure-Prone vs. Withdrawal Seizure-Resistant miceEthan H Beckley
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Neuropharmacology 54:365-74. 2008....
- A new look at the 5alpha-reductase inhibitor finasterideDeborah A Finn
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Research, Portland Alcohol Research Center, 97239, USA
CNS Drug Rev 12:53-76. 2006..The data suggest that endogenous neuroactive steroid levels may be inversely related to symptoms of premenstrual and postpartum dysphoric disorder, catamenial epilepsy, depression, and alcohol withdrawal...
- The Effects of Neuroactive Steroids on Acute Ethanol Withdrawal in MiceKATHERINE GILILLAND; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will investigate the mechanism by which ethanol withdrawal causes rebound neuronal excitability in the hopes that elucidation of this mechanism will open avenues for treatment of ethanol withdrawal. ..