Katherine R Gililland
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- The impact of gonadectomy and adrenalectomy on acute withdrawal severity in male and female C57BL/6J and DBA/2J mice following a single high dose of ethanolKatherine R Gililland
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:1846-57. 2007..Thus, the purpose of the present study was to determine the impact of removal of the adrenals and/or gonads on withdrawal severity following a single high dose of ethanol in 2 genotypes that differ in ethanol withdrawal severity...
- The neurosteroid environment in the hippocampus exerts bi-directional effects on seizure susceptibility in miceKatherine R Gililland-Kaufman
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Brain Res 1243:113-23. 2008....
- Decreased anticonvulsant efficacy of allopregnanolone during ethanol withdrawal in female Withdrawal Seizure-Prone vs. Withdrawal Seizure-Resistant miceEthan H Beckley
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Neuropharmacology 54:365-74. 2008....
- A new look at the 5alpha-reductase inhibitor finasterideDeborah A Finn
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Research, Portland Alcohol Research Center, 97239, USA
CNS Drug Rev 12:53-76. 2006..The data suggest that endogenous neuroactive steroid levels may be inversely related to symptoms of premenstrual and postpartum dysphoric disorder, catamenial epilepsy, depression, and alcohol withdrawal...
- The Effects of Neuroactive Steroids on Acute Ethanol Withdrawal in MiceKATHERINE GILILLAND; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..