Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Fleseriu M, Biller B, Findling J, Molitch M, Schteingart D, Gross C. Mifepristone, a glucocorticoid receptor antagonist, produces clinical and metabolic benefits in patients with Cushing's syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:2039-49 pubmed publisher..Mifepristone produced significant clinical and metabolic improvement in patients with CS with an acceptable risk-benefit profile during 6 months of treatment. ..
- Fleseriu M, Pivonello R, Young J, Hamrahian A, Molitch M, Shimizu C, et al. Osilodrostat, a potent oral 11Î²-hydroxylase inhibitor: 22-week, prospective, Phase II study in Cushing's disease. Pituitary. 2016;19:138-48 pubmed publisher..Osilodrostat treatment reduced UFC in all patients; 78.9% (n/N = 15/19) had normal UFC at week 22. Treatment with osilodrostat was generally well tolerated. ..
- Cuevas Ramos D, Fleseriu M. Medical treatment of Cushing's Disease. Minerva Endocrinol. 2016;41:324-40 pubmed..Future 'on the horizon' treatment options are also discussed. ..
- Yedinak C, Cetas I, Ozpinar A, McCartney S, Dogan A, Fleseriu M. Dopamine agonist therapy induces significant recovery of HPA axis function in prolactinomas independent of tumor size: a large single center experience. Endocrine. 2016;54:191-197 pubmed..We show, in a large uniform study, that adrenal insufficiency significantly recovered after dopamine agonist treatment, independent of tumor size and gender in patients with prolactinomas naïve to therapy. ..
- Lim D, Fleseriu M. The role of combination medical therapy in the treatment of acromegaly. Pituitary. 2017;20:136-148 pubmed publisher..While more prospective, randomized controlled trials on long-term efficacy and safety are needed, combination medical therapy remains a treatment strategy that should be considered for acromegaly patients poorly responsive to SRLs. ..
- Fleseriu M, Castinetti F. Updates on the role of adrenal steroidogenesis inhibitors in Cushing's syndrome: a focus on novel therapies. Pituitary. 2016;19:643-653 pubmed..The management of CS, and particularly CD, remains challenging. Adrenal steroidogenesis inhibitors can be of major interest to control the hypercortisolism at any time point, either before or after surgery, as discussed in this review. ..
- Fleseriu M, Rusch E, Geer E. Safety and tolerability of pasireotide long-acting release in acromegaly-results from the acromegaly, open-label, multicenter, safety monitoring program for treating patients who have a need to receive medical therapy (ACCESS) study. Endocrine. 2017;55:247-255 pubmed publisher..Hyperglycemia-related adverse events were reported in 45.5?% of patients, but were typically manageable, supporting the role of pasireotide long-acting release as a safe treatment option for acromegaly patients. ..
- Langlois F, Woltjer R, Cetas J, Fleseriu M. Silent somatotroph pituitary adenomas: an update. Pituitary. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Recurrence and need for radiation is higher than other non-functioning tumors so close follow-up is warranted. ..
- Fleseriu M. Clinical efficacy and safety results for dose escalation of somatostatin receptor ligands in patients with acromegaly: a literature review. Pituitary. 2011;14:184-93 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, patients should routinely have their GH and IGF-1 levels closely monitored and their SRL dose increased or decreased thereafter according to individual response...
- Fleseriu M. Medical management of persistent and recurrent cushing disease. Neurosurg Clin N Am. 2012;23:653-68 pubmed publisher..The development of new therapeutic agents has been eagerly anticipated. This article discusses the results of currently available and promising new therapeutic agents used to treat this challenging disease...
- Langlois F, Lim D, Yedinak C, Cetas I, McCartney S, Cetas J, et al. Predictors of silent corticotroph adenoma recurrence; a large retrospective single center study and systematic literature review. Pituitary. 2018;21:32-40 pubmed publisher..We show that SCAs are aggressive and identify predictors of recurrence. Accurate initial diagnosis, close imaging and biochemical follow up are warranted. ..
- Langlois F, Lim D, Varlamov E, Yedinak C, Cetas J, McCartney S, et al. Clinical profile of silent growth hormone pituitary adenomas; higher recurrence rate compared to silent gonadotroph pituitary tumors, a large single center experience. Endocrine. 2017;58:528-534 pubmed publisher..We propose that a complete hormonal staining panel be routinely performed for all pituitary adenomas. ..