Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Quantifying faculty teaching time in a department of obstetrics and gynecologyS Emmons
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Obstet Gynecol 92:633-8. 1998..Such a system could be used for allocating teaching monies and for assessing teaching as part of the promotion and tenure process...
- Recurrent giant Gartner's duct cysts. A report of two casesS L Emmons
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Oregon Health Sciences University, L466, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Reprod Med 46:773-5. 2001..Many such giant cysts are diagnosed during childhood and result from ectopic communication with the ureter or cervix. There is a paucity of literature on recurrent and giant cysts presenting among older women...
- A review of medical and allied health learners' satisfaction with their training in women's healthSandra Emmons
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:1259-65; discussion 1265-7. 2002..Graduating learners from Oregon Health and Sciences University programs and from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine were surveyed about their attitudes toward their training in women's health...
- The impact of perceived gender bias on obstetrics and gynecology skills acquisition by third-year medical studentsSandra L Emmons
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology L466, Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Acad Med 79:326-32. 2004..To investigate the perceptions of third-year medical students about how their acquisition of skills during their obstetrics and gynecology clerkship may be affected by their gender...
- Acupuncture for overactive bladder: a randomized controlled trialSandra L Emmons
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, 97239, USA
Obstet Gynecol 106:138-43. 2005..To compare acupuncture treatment for overactive bladder with urge incontinence with a placebo acupuncture treatment...
- Teaching contraception: an interactive presentation using managing contraceptionCarrie A Cwiak
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1788-92. 2004..Our purpose was to determine whether an interactive medical student contraceptive teaching session results in improved knowledge gain or satisfaction when compared with a standard, didactic lecture...
- The influence of physician gender on practice satisfaction among obstetrician gynecologistsSandra L Emmons
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:1728-38; discussion 1739. 2006..CONCLUSION: Although both genders considered female gender to be an asset in obstetrics and gynecology, this survey showed no difference in their ratings of overall career satisfaction...