Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- The rural older adult memory (ROAM) study: a practice-based intervention to improve dementia screening and diagnosisLinda Boise
Layton Aging and Alzheimer s Disease Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 23:486-98. 2010..The aim of the Rural Older Adult Memory (ROAM) pilot study was to evaluate the feasibility of screening and diagnosing dementia in patients aged 75 years or older in 6 rural primary care practices in a practice-based research network...
- Individualizing cancer screening in older adults: a narrative review and framework for future researchElizabeth Eckstrom
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, L475, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:292-8. 2013..This article addresses these challenges, and presents a framework for what research is needed to better inform screening decisions in older adults...
- Measuring outcomes of a one-minute preceptor faculty development workshopElizabeth Eckstrom
Department of Medicine, Legacy Health System, Portland, OR, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:410-4. 2006..Few studies have validated evaluation tools to assess the effectiveness of faculty development programs, and learners have rarely participated in assessing improvement of faculty who participate in such programs...
- Aiming to improve care of older adults: an innovative faculty development workshopElizabeth Eckstrom
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, L475, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:1053-6. 2008..The aims of our 1-day Continuing Medical Education workshop were to improve the knowledge and self-perceived competence of general internists in their care of older adults and to increase their geriatrics teaching for learners...
- Uncovering frustrations. A qualitative needs assessment of academic general internists as geriatric care providers and teachersCraig E Tanner
Oregon Health and Science Univ Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:51-5. 2006..General internists commonly provide medical care for older adults and geriatric education to trainees, but lack the necessary knowledge and skills to fulfill these tasks...
- Enhancing the effectiveness of One-Minute Preceptor faculty development workshopsJudith L Bowen
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Teach Learn Med 18:35-41. 2006..Task complexity may result in significant cognitive burden while learning these new teaching skills...
- Changing habits of practice. Transforming internal medicine residency education in ambulatory settingsJudith L Bowen
Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:1181-7. 2005..To assist educators and policy makers in this process, this paper reviews the literature on ambulatory education and makes recommendations for change...
- Challenges in synthesizing and interpreting the evidence from a systematic review of multifactorial interventions to prevent functional decline in older adultsJennifer S Lin
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, Oregon 97227, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:2157-66. 2012....
- Faculty development for the 21st century: lessons from the Society of General Internal Medicine-Hartford Collaborative Centers for the Care of Older AdultsBrent C Williams
Divisions of General Medicine and Geriatric Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:941-7. 2007..Key success factors likely include high intensity and duration, integration into career trajectories, integration into clinical programs, and activities to enfranchise institutional leadership...