M Margaret Dolcini
Affiliation: Oregon State University
- Norms governing urban African American adolescents' sexual and substance-using behaviorM Margaret Dolcini
Oregon State University, College of Public Health and Human Sciences, Hallie E Ford Center for Healthy Children and Families, 2631 SW Campus Way, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
J Adolesc 36:31-43. 2013....
- Translating HIV interventions into practice: community-based organizations' experiences with the diffusion of effective behavioral interventions (DEBIs)M Margaret Dolcini
Department of Public Health, College of Health and Human Sciences, 304 Waldo Hall, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331 6406, United States
Soc Sci Med 71:1839-46. 2010..We also identify relevant dimensions of existing models, including the ADAPT framework and Rogers's (1995, 2005) diffusion of innovations in organizations, that have value for agencies that are translating research to practice...
- Project ORE: A friendship-based intervention to prevent HIV/STI in urban African American adolescent femalesM Margaret Dolcini
Oregon State University, Corvallis, 97331 6406, USA
Health Educ Behav 37:115-32. 2010..05), and increases in HIV testing in the youngest group (p = .05). Findings extend recent work on the efficacy of interventions to reduce sexual risk for racial and ethnic minority youth...
- Investments in the future of behavioral science: the University of California, San Francisco, Visiting Professors ProgramM Margaret Dolcini
College of Health and Human Sciences, Department of Public Health, Oregon State University, 304 Waldo Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331 6406, USA
Am J Public Health 99:S43-7. 2009..Although this program is focused on community-based HIV prevention, its principles and methods are widely applicable...
- Preliminary findings on a brief friendship-based HIV/STI intervention for urban African American youth: project OREM Margaret Dolcini
College of Health and Human Sciences, Department of Public Health, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331 6406, USA
J Adolesc Health 42:629-33. 2008..Using a no-control design, we found that the program is feasible, acceptable, and demonstrates promise with regard to changes in HIV/STI-related knowledge, beliefs, social norms, and behavior...
- Assessing HIV prevention provider knowledge of behavior science theory: building on existing intuitive experienceAlice A Gandelman
Community Prevention Intervention Section, California STD HIV Prevention Training Center, Berkeley, California, USA
Health Promot Pract 6:299-307. 2005..Better translation of research into practice using theory-based interventions will benefit the field of STD/HIV prevention...
- The role of close friends in African American adolescents' dating and sexual behaviorGary W Harper
Department of Psychology, DePaul University, 2219 N Kenmore Ave, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Sex Res 41:351-62. 2004..Future directions for research with African American adolescents and sexuality are also discussed...
- Friends in the 'hood: Should peer-based health promotion programs target nonschool friendship networks?M Margaret Dolcini
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Adolesc Health 36:267.e6-15. 2005..To examine the characteristics of inner city African-American adolescents nonschool-based and school-based friendship networks and to explore the influence of these networks on health risk behavior...
- Theoretical domains: a heuristic for teaching behavioral theory in HIV/STD prevention coursesM Margaret Dolcini
Department of Medicine, Center for AIDS Prevention Studies and the Center for Health and Community, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0848, USA
Health Promot Pract 5:404-17. 2004..Each domain is described, and a brief overview of supporting literature is provided. Following the presentation of domains, we discuss course structure and activities...
- The HIV epidemic among older men who have sex with menM Margaret Dolcini
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California at San Francisco, 94105, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 33:S115-21. 2003..Given high levels of risk behavior among MSM through the sixth decade of life, the authors would expect an older MSM epidemic of substantially larger proportion than that observed in the 1980s and 1990s...
- A response to "developing standards in behavioral surveillance for HIV/STD prevention"Joseph A Catania
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, Universtiy of California San Francisco 94105, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 14:343-7. 2002
- Gender informed HIV intervention development for urban African American youthM Margaret Dolcini; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study will contribute to theoretical and intervention development for this vulnerable population. ..
- Influences on the translation of an evidence-based HIV/STI intervention into pracM Margaret Dolcini; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Gender informed HIV intervention development for urban African American youthM Margaret Dolcini; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed study will contribute to theoretical and intervention development for this vulnerable population. ..
- Influences on the translation of an evidence-based HIV/STI intervention into pracM Margaret Dolcini; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..