Affiliation: Oregon State University
- Anxiety-related attentional biases and their regulation by attentional controlDouglas Derryberry
Department of Psychology, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 111:225-36. 2002..Thus, skilled control of voluntary attention may allow anxious persons to limit the impact of threatening information...
- Temperament and coping: advantages of an individual differences perspectiveDouglas Derryberry
Psychology Department, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331, USA
Dev Psychopathol 15:1049-66. 2003....
- Attentional interference effects of emotional pictures: threat, negativity, or arousal?Ulrich Schimmack
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto, Mississauga, Mississauga, ON, Canada
Emotion 5:55-66. 2005..The findings are interpreted in the context of process models of emotions that postulate an initial relevance check before further processing of valence and other appraisal dimensions...
- Love hurts: the evolution of empathic concern through the encephalization of nociceptive capacityDon M Tucker
Electrical Geodesics, Inc, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403, USA
Dev Psychopathol 17:699-713. 2005....
- A computerized task for investigating the relation between attentional and emotional processes in childrenBeverly J Wilson
Seattle Pacific University, Department of Graduate Psychology, Seattle, WA 98119 1997, USA
J Genet Psychol 167:415-31. 2006..Shifting away from negative affect also predicted children's academic performance as reported by teachers...
- Perceived facial expressions of emotion as motivational incentives: evidence from a differential implicit learning paradigmOliver C Schultheiss
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1109, USA
Emotion 5:41-54. 2005..For affiliation-motivated individuals, learning was impaired in the context of hostile faces. These findings did not depend on explicit learning of fixed sequences or on awareness of sequence-face contingencies...
- Electrophysiological responses to errors and feedback in the process of action regulationPhan Luu
Electrical Geodesics, Inc, Eugene, Oregon 97403, USA
Psychol Sci 14:47-53. 2003..These results suggest that action regulation by the cingulate gyrus may require the entrainment of multiple structures of the Papez corticolimbic circuit...