Daniel E Casey
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Divalproex ER combined with olanzapine or risperidone for treatment of acute exacerbations of schizophreniaDaniel E Casey
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:1330-8. 2009....
- Efficacy and safety of bifeprunox in patients with an acute exacerbation of schizophrenia: results from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter, dose-finding studyDaniel E Casey
UHN 80 Department of Psychiatry, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 200:317-31. 2008..Bifeprunox is a partial dopamine agonist with a unique receptor-binding profile and potential antipsychotic properties...
- Implications of the CATIE trial on treatment: extrapyramidal symptomsDaniel E Casey
Department of Psychiatry, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
CNS Spectr 11:25-31. 2006..This article explores the reported results of the CATIE trial regarding EPS and emphasizes the differentiation of the atypicals from perphenazine on EPS and how these results should be incorporated into daily practice for the clinician...
- Metabolic issues and cardiovascular disease in patients with psychiatric disordersDaniel E Casey
UHN 80 Department of Psychiatry, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Am J Med 118:15S-22S. 2005..The costs associated with the treatment of the metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and coronary heart disease in populations with schizophrenia are also described...
- Dyslipidemia and atypical antipsychotic drugsDaniel E Casey
Department of Psychiatry, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:27-35. 2004....
- Pathophysiology of antipsychotic drug-induced movement disordersDaniel E Casey
Department of Psychiatry and Neurology, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, OR 97321, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:25-8. 2004..A number of factors contribute to the difficult task of gaining insight into the pathophysiologic processes of antipsychotic agents and why these agents may lead to drug-induced movement disorders...
- A double-blind randomized trial of mood stabilizer augmentation using lamotrigine and valproate for patients with schizophrenia who are stabilized and partially responsiveIra D Glick
Department of Psychiatry, Schizophrenia Clinic, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 29:267-71. 2009..To compare the efficacy of mood stabilizer augmentation of an antipsychotic for patients with schizophrenia who are both stabilized and partially responsive...
- Metabolic effects of treatment with atypical antipsychoticsJohn M Kane
Department of Psychiatry, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, Glen Oaks, NY, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1447-55. 2004
- Atypical antipsychotics: enhancing healthy outcomesDaniel E Casey
Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, MIRECC VISN 20, Portland VA Medical Center and the Department of Psychiatry, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 16:S12-9. 2002
- Long-term treatment goals: enhancing healthy outcomesDaniel E Casey
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
CNS Spectr 8:26-8. 2003..These drugs are likely to provide physicians with an increasingly viable option in the long-term treatment and rehabilitation of patients with schizophrenia...
- Switching patients to aripiprazole from other antipsychotic agents: a multicenter randomized studyDaniel E Casey
Mental Health Division P3MIRECC, VA Medical Center, 3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 166:391-9. 2003..It is important to compare switching strategies to determine which methods produce the best possible patient outcomes...
- Effect of divalproex combined with olanzapine or risperidone in patients with an acute exacerbation of schizophreniaDaniel E Casey
Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Portland VA Medical Center, OR 97201, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:182-92. 2003..Further evaluation is warranted to confirm these findings...
- Comparison of metabolic syndrome incidence among schizophrenia patients treated with aripiprazole versus olanzapine or placeboGilbert J L'italien
Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Wallingford, CT 06492, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1510-6. 2007....
- Physical health monitoring of patients with schizophreniaStephen R Marder
Department of Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, CA, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:1334-49. 2004..The authors discuss a consensus panel's recommendations for improving the physical health monitoring of patients with schizophrenia who are treated in outpatient settings...
- Adjunctive divalproex and hostility among patients with schizophrenia receiving olanzapine or risperidoneLeslie Citrome
Nathan S Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, 140 Old Orangeburg Road, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:290-4. 2004....
- Antipsychotic-induced weight gain and metabolic abnormalities: implications for increased mortality in patients with schizophreniaDaniel E Casey
J Clin Psychiatry 65:4-18; quiz 19-20. 2004
- Response to letter to the editor by Dr MackinCharles H Hennekens
Am Heart J 152:e59. 2006
- Schizophrenia and increased risks of cardiovascular diseaseCharles H Hennekens
Department of Biomedical Science, Center of Excellence in Biomedical and Marine Biotechnology, Florida Atlantic University, FL, USA
Am Heart J 150:1115-21. 2005..The aim of the study is to review the absolute and relative impacts of the major causes for premature mortality among patients with schizophrenia...
- Effect of a novel potential atypical antipsychotic drug, Y-931, in producing dystonia in cebus monkeysYasuyuki Shiigi
Research Laboratory I CNS, Pharmaceuticals Research Unit, Research and Development Division, Mitsubishi Pharma Corporation, Iruma, Saitama, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 93:364-6. 2003..5 mg/kg, i.m., the scores did not exceed 20, up to a dose of 1.0 mg/kg, i.m. and lacked a dose-response relationship. The present result suggests that Y-931 is predicted to have a low risk of extrapyramidal side effects...