Julie H Carter
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Pre-death grief in Parkinson's caregivers: a pilot survey-based studyJ H Carter
School of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 18:S15-8. 2012....
- Does age make a difference in caregiver strain? Comparison of young versus older caregivers in early-stage Parkinson's diseaseJulie H Carter
School of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Oregon, USA
Mov Disord 25:724-30. 2010..These findings provide ideas for targeted interventions. Future larger studies that compare young and older spouses should include later stage disease to more fully understand the developmental differences raised by the present findings...
- Do motor and nonmotor symptoms in PD patients predict caregiver strain and depression?Julie H Carter
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Mov Disord 23:1211-6. 2008..Patient nonmotor psychological symptoms have a much greater impact on caregiver strain and depression than patient motor symptoms...
- Pessimism and optimism as early warning signs for compromised health for caregivers of patients with Parkinson's diseaseKaren S Lyons
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Nurs Res 53:354-62. 2004..Although pessimism and optimism are associated with health-related outcomes, the long-term effects of pessimism and optimism in the caregiving process are understudied, and little is known about their role in health changes over time...
- Effects of methylphenidate on response to oral levodopa: a double-blind clinical trialJohn G Nutt
Department of Neurology, and Public Health and Preventative Medicine, Division of Biostatistics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Arch Neurol 64:319-23. 2007....
- Optimism, pessimism, mutuality, and gender: predicting 10-year role strain in Parkinson's disease spousesKaren S Lyons
Oregon Health and Science University, SN ORD, Portland, OR 97239 2941, USA
Gerontologist 49:378-87. 2009..The current study uses longitudinal data over a 10-year period to examine the roles of optimism, pessimism, mutuality, and spouse gender in predicting role strain in PD spouses...
- The dopamine transporter: importance in Parkinson's diseaseJohn G Nutt
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Ann Neurol 55:766-73. 2004..These observations indicate that the residual DAT is functional in PD and is a potential target for symptomatic therapy of PD...
- Locating and retaining research participants for follow-up studiesKaren S Lyons
School of Nursing, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 2941, USA
Res Nurs Health 27:63-8. 2004....
- Needs and experiences of caregivers for family members dying with Parkinson diseaseElizabeth R Goy
Health Services Research and Development HSR and D Research Career Development Award Program, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Oregon, USA
J Palliat Care 24:69-75. 2008..These data suggest that increasing education and assistance with physical tasks may address unmet needs of PD caregivers...
- Parkinson disease at the end of life: caregiver perspectivesElizabeth R Goy
Columbia Center for the Study of Chronic, Comorbid Mental and Physical Disorders, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, Portland, OR 97207, USA
Neurology 69:611-2. 2007
- Evolution of the response to levodopa during the first 4 years of therapyJohn G Nutt
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, OP32, Portland, OR 97201 3098, USA
Ann Neurol 51:686-93. 2002..Improving the baseline or practical-off motor function to reduce the magnitude of the short-duration response may be a strategy to treat fluctuations...
- Melatonin for sleep disturbances in Parkinson's diseaseGlenna A Dowling
Institute On Aging Research Center, 3330 Geary Blvd, San Francisco, CA, USA
Sleep Med 6:459-66. 2005..The purpose of this study was to compare the effects of two doses of melatonin to placebo on sleep, daytime sleepiness, and level of function in patients with PD who complained of sleep disturbances...
- Parkinson's Disease Neuroprotection Clinical Trial: Clinical CenterJulie Carter; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will extend and expand the preliminary studies of family care giving in Parkinson's disease we have done in the Parkinson Study Group DATATOP cohort. ..