David I Buckley
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Does a standard measure of self-reported physical disability correlate with clinician perception of impairment related to cancer screening?David I Buckley
Oregon Rural Practice Based Research Network, Portland, Oregon, USA
Cancer 118:1345-52. 2012....
- Chronic opioid therapy and preventive services in rural primary care: an Oregon rural practice-based research network studyDavid I Buckley
Oregon Rural Practice Based Research Network, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Ann Fam Med 8:237-44. 2010..Consequent stresses on clinical encounters might adversely affect some elements of clinical care. We evaluated a possible association between chronic opioid therapy (COT) for CNCP and receipt of various preventive services...
- Periodontal disease and coronary heart disease incidence: a systematic review and meta-analysisLinda L Humphrey
Oregon Evidence Based Practice Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:2079-86. 2008..Periodontal disease is common among adults in the US and is a potential source of chronic inflammation. Recent data have suggested an important role for chronic inflammation in the development of coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Influence of health insurance coverage on breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening in rural primary care settingsPatricia A Carney
Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Cancer 118:6217-25. 2012..The current study was performed to determine, in rural settings, the relation between the type and status of insurance coverage and being up-to-date for breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening...
- The rural older adult memory (ROAM) study: a practice-based intervention to improve dementia screening and diagnosisLinda Boise
Layton Aging and Alzheimer s Disease Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 23:486-98. 2010..The aim of the Rural Older Adult Memory (ROAM) pilot study was to evaluate the feasibility of screening and diagnosing dementia in patients aged 75 years or older in 6 rural primary care practices in a practice-based research network...
- Emerging risk factors for coronary heart disease: a summary of systematic reviews conducted for the U.S. Preventive Services Task ForceMark Helfand
Oregon Evidence Based Practice Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, andOregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Ann Intern Med 151:496-507. 2009..Traditional risk factors do not explain all of the risk for incident coronary heart disease (CHD) events. Various new or emerging risk factors have the potential to improve global risk assessment for CHD...
- C-reactive protein as a risk factor for coronary heart disease: a systematic review and meta-analyses for the U.S. Preventive Services Task ForceDavid I Buckley
Oregon Evidence Based Practice Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Ann Intern Med 151:483-95. 2009..C-reactive protein (CRP) may help to refine global risk assessment for coronary heart disease (CHD), particularly among persons who are at intermediate risk on the basis of traditional risk factors alone...