Craig S Broberg
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Exercise intolerance in adult congenital heart disease: comparative severity, correlates, and prognostic implicationGerhard-Paul Diller
Adult Congenital Heart Program, Department of Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Circulation 112:828-35. 2005..Poor exercise capacity identifies ACHD patients at risk for hospitalization or death...
- Pulmonary arterial thrombosis in eisenmenger syndrome is associated with biventricular dysfunction and decreased pulmonary flow velocityCraig S Broberg
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Centre, Royal Brompton Hospital and National Heart Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, England
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:634-42. 2007..This study sought to determine what factors are associated with pulmonary artery thrombi in Eisenmenger patients...
- Adult patients with Eisenmenger syndrome report flying safely on commercial airlinesCraig S Broberg
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Unit, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College Hospital, UK
Heart 93:1599-603. 2007..Despite fears of compromised oxygen delivery in patients with Eisenmenger syndrome during flight on commercial aircraft, a clinical study has shown no adverse effects, and many patients travel frequently...
- Quantification of diffuse myocardial fibrosis and its association with myocardial dysfunction in congenital heart diseaseCraig S Broberg
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Ore, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 3:727-34. 2010..the etiology of ventricular dysfunction in adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) is not well understood. Diffuse fibrosis is a likely common final pathway and is quantifiable using MRI...
- Blood viscosity and its relationship to iron deficiency, symptoms, and exercise capacity in adults with cyanotic congenital heart diseaseCraig S Broberg
Adult Congenital Heart Centre, Royal Brompton Hospital and National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, England
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:356-65. 2006..This study sought to determine the relationship between blood viscosity and iron deficiency and their impact on symptoms and exercise function in adults with cyanotic congenital heart disease...
- Seeking optimal relation between oxygen saturation and hemoglobin concentration in adults with cyanosis from congenital heart diseaseCraig S Broberg
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:595-9. 2011..In conclusion, a strong relation between O(2sat) and hemoglobin concentration can be shown in stable cyanotic patients and used to predict an optimal hemoglobin. This relation might be useful in defining functional anemia in this group...
- Prevalence of left ventricular systolic dysfunction in adults with repaired tetralogy of fallotCraig S Broberg
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon
Am J Cardiol 107:1215-20. 2011..Severity or duration of pulmonary regurgitation was not different. In conclusion, LV systolic dysfunction was found in 21% of adult patients with TOF and was associated with shunt duration, RV dysfunction, and arrhythmia...
- Late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance of the systemic right ventricle in adults with previous atrial redirection surgery for transposition of the great arteriesSonya V Babu-Narayan
Adult Congenital Heart Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Circulation 111:2091-8. 2005..The extent of LGE correlates with age, ventricular dysfunction, electrophysiological parameters, and clinical events, suggesting prognostic importance that merits further investigation...
- Validation of the myocardial performance index by echocardiography in mice: a noninvasive measure of left ventricular functionCraig S Broberg
Divisions of Cardiology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97221, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:814-23. 2003..FS/MPI showed the best correlation with dP/dt(max). CONCLUSIONS: MPI strongly correlates with dP/dt(max) over a range of hemodynamic conditions in mice. It can be used as a noninvasive index of LV function in this species...
- Assessment of electronic health information system use and need in US adult congenital heart disease centersJoseph B Weiss
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 6:134-8. 2011..We sought to document what electronic health record systems are currently available at ACHD centers and to assess national interest in a uniform ACHD-focused system...
- Fetal anemia leads to augmented contractile response to hypoxic stress in adulthoodCraig S Broberg
Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Medical Research Bldg, L-458, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97201-3098, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 285:R649-55. 2003..03). We conclude that in sheep, perinatal anemia can alter cardiac responses to hypoxic stress in the adult long after restoration of normocythemia...
- Abnormal ventilatory response to exercise in adults with congenital heart disease relates to cyanosis and predicts survivalKonstantinos Dimopoulos
Adult Congenital Heart Programme, Department of Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney St, London, SW3 6NP, United Kingdom
Circulation 113:2796-802. 2006..Increased V(E)/V(CO2) slope is the strongest exercise predictor of death in noncyanotic ACHD patients...
- Heart rate response during exercise predicts survival in adults with congenital heart diseaseGerhard-Paul Diller
Adult Congenital Heart Program, Department of Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1250-6. 2006..Heart rate reserve is a simple and inexpensive way to identify ACHD patients at higher mortality risk...
- Presentation, survival prospects, and predictors of death in Eisenmenger syndrome: a combined retrospective and case-control studyGerhard-Paul Diller
Adult Congenital Heart Centre and Centre for Pulmonary Hypertension, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP, UK
Eur Heart J 27:1737-42. 2006..Markers of heart failure and parameters associated with arrhythmia are of prognostic value in terms of mortality and may guide clinicians caring for Eisenmenger patients...