Craig S Broberg
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Exercise intolerance in adult congenital heart disease: comparative severity, correlates, and prognostic implicationGerhard Paul Diller
Adult Congenital Heart Program, Department of Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Circulation 112:828-35. 2005....
- Myocardial fibrosis in Eisenmenger syndrome: a descriptive cohort study exploring associations of late gadolinium enhancement with clinical status and survivalCraig S Broberg
Adult Congenital Heart Program, Knight Cardiovascular Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 16:32. 2014..In patients with Eisenmenger syndrome (ES), the presence of LGE has not been investigated. The aims of this study were to detect any myocardial fibrosis in ES and describe major clinical variables associated with the finding...
- Lung function and gas exchange in Eisenmenger syndrome and their impact on exercise capacity and survivalCraig S Broberg
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, United States Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 171:73-7. 2014..We explored the relationship between lung function and gas exchange parameters with exercise capacity and survival...
- Pulmonary arterial thrombosis in eisenmenger syndrome is associated with biventricular dysfunction and decreased pulmonary flow velocityCraig S Broberg
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Centre, Royal Brompton Hospital and National Heart Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, England
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:634-42. 2007..This study sought to determine what factors are associated with pulmonary artery thrombi in Eisenmenger patients...
- Seeking optimal relation between oxygen saturation and hemoglobin concentration in adults with cyanosis from congenital heart diseaseCraig S Broberg
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:595-9. 2011..In conclusion, a strong relation between O(2sat) and hemoglobin concentration can be shown in stable cyanotic patients and used to predict an optimal hemoglobin. This relation might be useful in defining functional anemia in this group...
- Adult patients with Eisenmenger syndrome report flying safely on commercial airlinesCraig S Broberg
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Unit, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College Hospital, UK
Heart 93:1599-603. 2007..Despite fears of compromised oxygen delivery in patients with Eisenmenger syndrome during flight on commercial aircraft, a clinical study has shown no adverse effects, and many patients travel frequently...
- Blood viscosity and its relationship to iron deficiency, symptoms, and exercise capacity in adults with cyanotic congenital heart diseaseCraig S Broberg
Adult Congenital Heart Centre, Royal Brompton Hospital and National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, England
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:356-65. 2006..This study sought to determine the relationship between blood viscosity and iron deficiency and their impact on symptoms and exercise function in adults with cyanotic congenital heart disease...
- Prevalence of left ventricular systolic dysfunction in adults with repaired tetralogy of fallotCraig S Broberg
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon
Am J Cardiol 107:1215-20. 2011..Severity or duration of pulmonary regurgitation was not different. In conclusion, LV systolic dysfunction was found in 21% of adult patients with TOF and was associated with shunt duration, RV dysfunction, and arrhythmia...
- Quantification of diffuse myocardial fibrosis and its association with myocardial dysfunction in congenital heart diseaseCraig S Broberg
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Ore, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 3:727-34. 2010..the etiology of ventricular dysfunction in adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) is not well understood. Diffuse fibrosis is a likely common final pathway and is quantifiable using MRI...
- Heart rate response during exercise predicts survival in adults with congenital heart diseaseGerhard Paul Diller
Adult Congenital Heart Program, Department of Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1250-6. 2006..To assess the prognostic value of heart rate response to exercise in adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) patients...
- Late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance of the systemic right ventricle in adults with previous atrial redirection surgery for transposition of the great arteriesSonya V Babu-Narayan
Adult Congenital Heart Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Circulation 111:2091-8. 2005..Myocardial fibrosis can be visualized by late gadolinium enhancement (LGE) cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR). We hypothesized that LGE would be present in the systemic RV and relate to adverse clinical features...
- Right ventricular strain analysis from three-dimensional echocardiography by using temporally diffeomorphic motion estimationZhiJun Zhang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239
Med Phys 41:122902. 2014....
- Organ allocation in adults with congenital heart disease listed for heart transplant: impact of ventricular assist devicesJill M Gelow
Heart Failure Transplant Program, Knight Cardiovascular Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon
J Heart Lung Transplant 32:1059-64. 2013..This may be a disadvantage to their priority for organ allocation. We sought to determine the relationship between VAD implantation and successful transplantation among patients listed for heart transplant...
- Assessment of electronic health information system use and need in US adult congenital heart disease centersJoseph B Weiss
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 6:134-8. 2011..We sought to document what electronic health record systems are currently available at ACHD centers and to assess national interest in a uniform ACHD-focused system...
- Validation of the myocardial performance index by echocardiography in mice: a noninvasive measure of left ventricular functionCraig S Broberg
Divisions of Cardiology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97221, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:814-23. 2003..The myocardial performance index (MPI) is a Doppler-based measure of left ventricular (LV) function. It is noninvasive, independent of LV shape, and does not require dimensional measurements. However, it has never been validated in mice...
- Fetal anemia leads to augmented contractile response to hypoxic stress in adulthoodCraig S Broberg
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Medical Research Bldg, L 458, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97201 3098, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 285:R649-55. 2003..03). We conclude that in sheep, perinatal anemia can alter cardiac responses to hypoxic stress in the adult long after restoration of normocythemia...
- Abnormal ventilatory response to exercise in adults with congenital heart disease relates to cyanosis and predicts survivalKonstantinos Dimopoulos
Adult Congenital Heart Programme, Department of Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney St, London, SW3 6NP, United Kingdom
Circulation 113:2796-802. 2006..We sought to establish the distribution, relation to cyanosis, and prognostic value of the V(E)/V(CO2) slope across a wide spectrum of ACHD patients...
- Presentation, survival prospects, and predictors of death in Eisenmenger syndrome: a combined retrospective and case-control studyGerhard Paul Diller
Adult Congenital Heart Centre and Centre for Pulmonary Hypertension, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP, UK
Eur Heart J 27:1737-42. 2006..To characterize contemporary Eisenmenger patients at a large centre for adult congenital heart disease, assess survival prospects, and identify predictors of death in this population...