Ethan H Beckley
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Inhibition of progesterone metabolism mimics the effect of progesterone withdrawal on forced swim test immobilityEthan H Beckley
Oregon Health and Science University, Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Mail Code L 470, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239 3098, United States
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 87:412-9. 2007..Future studies of PWD may provide information about human conditions that are associated with hormone changes such as premenstrual syndrome or postpartum depression...
- Progesterone receptor antagonist CDB-4124 increases depression-like behavior in mice without affecting locomotor abilityEthan H Beckley
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 36:824-33. 2011....
- Ethanol intake patterns in female mice: influence of allopregnanolone and the inhibition of its synthesisMatthew M Ford
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 97:73-85. 2008..In conjunction with data in male mice, the present findings indicate that there are sex differences in the physiological regulation of ethanol intake patterns by GABAergic neurosteroids...
- Manipulation of GABAergic steroids: Sex differences in the effects on alcohol drinking- and withdrawal-related behaviorsDeborah A Finn
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Research, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Horm Behav 57:12-22. 2010..Thus, sex differences in the modulation of GABAergic neurosteroids may be an important consideration in understanding and developing therapeutic interventions in alcoholics...
- A new look at the 5alpha-reductase inhibitor finasterideDeborah A Finn
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Research, Portland Alcohol Research Center, 97239, USA
CNS Drug Rev 12:53-76. 2006..The data suggest that endogenous neuroactive steroid levels may be inversely related to symptoms of premenstrual and postpartum dysphoric disorder, catamenial epilepsy, depression, and alcohol withdrawal...
- Decreased anticonvulsant efficacy of allopregnanolone during ethanol withdrawal in female Withdrawal Seizure-Prone vs. Withdrawal Seizure-Resistant miceEthan H Beckley
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Neuropharmacology 54:365-74. 2008....
- Multivariate analyses reveal common and drug-specific genetic influences on responses to four drugs of abuseJohn K Belknap
Research Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Behavioral Neuroscience and the Portland Alcohol Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Trends Pharmacol Sci 29:537-43. 2008..Thus, similar analyses should be applicable to other laboratories, traits and genotypes...