GROVER CARLTON BAGBY
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- The stem cell fitness landscape and pathways of molecular leukemogenesisGrover C Bagby
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Front Biosci (Schol Ed) 3:487-500. 2011....
- Global rank-invariant set normalization (GRSN) to reduce systematic distortions in microarray dataCarl R Pelz
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 9:520. 2008..Therefore, methods to correct this kind of technical variation are critical. Here we consider a method to reduce this type of variation applied after three common procedures for processing microarray data: MAS 5.0, RMA, and dChip...
- Genetic basis of Fanconi anemiaGrover C Bagby
Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland 97201, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 10:68-76. 2003....
- Myelodysplasia and acute leukemia as late complications of marrow failure: future prospects for leukemia preventionGrover C Bagby
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, OR, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 23:361-76. 2009..This article reviews the evidence supporting a model of clonal selection, a paradigm that provides a reasonable expectation that these often fatal complications might be prevented in the future...
- Fanconi anemiaGrover C Bagby
OHSU Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine and Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Semin Hematol 43:147-56. 2006....
- Discovering early molecular determinants of leukemogenesisGrover C Bagby
Department of Medicine and Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Oregon, USA
J Clin Invest 118:847-50. 2008....
- Human FANCC is hypomorphic in murine Fancc-deficient cellsLaura E Hays
Portland Veterans Administration Medical Center, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Blood 116:2057-60. 2010....
- TLR8-dependent TNF-(alpha) overexpression in Fanconi anemia group C cellsScott M Vanderwerf
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Blood 114:5290-8. 2009..In conclusion, FANCC suppresses TNF-alpha production in mononuclear phagocytes by suppressing TLR8 activity and this particular function of FANCC is independent of its function in protecting the genome from cross-linking agents...
- Cytogenetic instability in ovarian epithelial cells from women at risk of ovarian cancerTanja Pejovic
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Center for Women s Health, Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Cancer Res 66:9017-25. 2006..Inherited mutations that result in tissue-specific FANCD2 gene suppression may represent a cause of familial ovarian cancer...
- Impaired type I IFN-induced Jak/STAT signaling in FA-C cells and abnormal CD4+ Th cell subsets in Fancc-/- miceSara R Fagerlie
Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute, Portland, OR, USA
J Immunol 173:3863-70. 2004..We suggest that Fancc mutations result in a subtle immunological defect owing to the failure of FANCC to normally support Jak/STAT signaling...
- Fancd2-/- mice have hematopoietic defects that can be partially corrected by resveratrolQing Shuo Zhang
Oregon Stem Cell Center, Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Blood 116:5140-8. 2010..We conclude that Fancd2(-/-) mice have readily quantifiable hematopoietic defects, and that this model is well suited for pharmacologic screening studies...
- The anti-apoptotic function of Hsp70 in the interferon-inducible double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase-mediated death signaling pathway requires the Fanconi anemia protein, FANCCQishen Pang
OHSU Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine and Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Biol Chem 277:49638-43. 2002..We conclude that Hsp70 requires the cooperation of FANCC to suppress PKR activity and support survival of hematopoietic cells and that FANCC does not require the multimeric FA complex to exert this function...
- Constitutional marrow failure: IntroductionGrover C Bagby
OHSU Cancer Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Semin Hematol 43:145-6. 2006
- Acquired FANCA dysfunction and cytogenetic instability in adult acute myelogenous leukemiaM William Lensch
OHSU Cancer Institute, CR145, Hatfield Research Center, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Blood 102:7-16. 2003....
- Evaluation and lead optimization of anti-malarial acridonesRolf W Winter
Medical Research Service, RD 33, VA Medical Center, 3710 SW U S Veterans Hospital Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Exp Parasitol 114:47-56. 2006..Haloalkoxyacridones represent an extraordinarily potent novel class of chemical compounds with the potential for development as therapeutic agents to treat or prevent malaria in humans...
- Nucleophosmin interacts with and inhibits the catalytic function of eukaryotic initiation factor 2 kinase PKRQishen Pang
OHSU Cancer Institute, Schools of Medicine and Dentistry, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Biol Chem 278:41709-17. 2003..Inhibition of PKR by NPM may be one mechanism by which neoplastic clones evolve in sporadic malignancies and in neoplastic cells arising in the context of the cancer predisposition syndrome, Fanconi anemia...