Susan G Amara
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Neurotransmitter transporters as molecular targets for addictive drugsS G Amara
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 51:87-96. 1998....
- Excitatory amino acid transporters: keeping up with glutamateSusan G Amara
Vollum Institute and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Oregon Health Science University, L 474, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, 97201, Portland, OR, USA
Neurochem Int 41:313-8. 2002....
- Purification of a neuroprotective component of Parawixia bistriata spider venom that enhances glutamate uptakeAndréia Cristina Karklin Fontana
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, Department of Biochemistry and Immunology, Ribeirao Preto School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 139:1297-309. 2003..5) This active spider venom component may serve as a basis for designing therapeutic drugs that increase glutamate clearance and limit neurodegeneration...
- Structural rearrangements at the translocation pore of the human glutamate transporter, EAAT1Barbara H Leighton
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
J Biol Chem 281:29788-96. 2006..Such behavior likely reflects rearrangements in the tertiary structure of the translocation pore during transport and thus provides constraints for modeling the structural dynamics associated with transport...
- Effects of Tityus serrulatus scorpion venom and its toxin TsTX-V on neurotransmitter uptake in vitroAlessandra L Cecchini
, , Av. do Caf, s/n, 14040-903, , Brazil
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 217:196-203. 2006..Thus, TsTX-V causes a reduction of (3)H-GABA and (3)H-DA uptake in a Ca(2+)-dependent manner, not directly affecting GABA transporters, but, in consequence of depolarization, involving voltage-gated Na(+) channels...
- Glutamate and monoamine transporters: new visions of form and functionGonzalo E Torres
Department of Neurobiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3501 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Curr Opin Neurobiol 17:304-12. 2007..This review focuses on recent studies of glutamate and monoamine transporters as prototypes of the two carrier families...
- Gain of function mutants reveal sites important for the interaction of the atypical inhibitors benztropine and bupropion with monoamine transportersOle V Mortensen
Department of Neurobiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Neurochem 98:1531-40. 2006..Thus, these studies begin to identify residues that are important for the unique molecular interactions of benztropine and bupropion with the DAT, and that ultimately may contribute to the distinct behavioral actions of these drugs...
- Differential regulation of GLAST immunoreactivity and activity by protein kinase C: evidence for modification of amino and carboxyl terminiBala T S Susarla
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurochem 91:1151-63. 2004....
- Characterization of novel L-threo-beta-benzyloxyaspartate derivatives, potent blockers of the glutamate transportersKeiko Shimamoto
Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research, 1 1 1, Wakayamadai, Shimamoto cho, Mishima gun, Osaka 618 8503, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 65:1008-15. 2004..Taken together, these findings indicate that novel TBOA analogs, especially TFB-TBOA, should serve as useful tools for elucidating the physiological roles of the glutamate transporters...
- The multiple LIM domain-containing adaptor protein Hic-5 synaptically colocalizes and interacts with the dopamine transporterAna M Carneiro
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Neurosci 22:7045-54. 2002....
- Enhancing glutamate transport: mechanism of action of Parawixin1, a neuroprotective compound from Parawixia bistriata spider venomAndréia Cristina Karklin Fontana
Department of Neurobiology, University of Pittsburgh, 6068 BST3, 3501 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Mol Pharmacol 72:1228-37. 2007....