Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- The interaction of Piasy with Trim32, an E3-ubiquitin ligase mutated in limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2H, promotes Piasy degradation and regulates UVB-induced keratinocyte apoptosis through NFkappaBAmador Albor
Department of Dermatology and Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Biol Chem 281:25850-66. 2006..Our results indicate that, by controlling Piasy stability, Trim32 regulates UVB-induced keratinocyte apoptosis through induction of NFkappaB and suggests loss of function of Trim32 in LGMD2H...
- Novel initiation genes in squamous cell carcinomagenesis: a role for substrate-specific ubiquitylation in the control of cell survivalAmador Albor
Department of Dermatology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Mol Carcinog 46:585-90. 2007..Our hypothesis is that increased expression of Trim32 may enhance epidermal carcinogenesis, by increasing the threshold of NF-kappaB activity through Piasy downmodulation...
- RING protein Trim32 associated with skin carcinogenesis has anti-apoptotic and E3-ubiquitin ligase propertiesElizabeth J Horn
Department of Dermatology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Carcinogenesis 25:157-67. 2004..We propose a model in which Trim32 activities as an E3-ubiquitin ligase favor initiated cell survival in carcinogenesis by blocking UVB-induced TNFalpha apoptotic signaling...
- Induction of gene amplification as a gain-of-function phenotype of mutant p53 proteinsSally El-Hizawi
Department of Dermatology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Cancer Res 62:3264-70. 2002..Additional studies are needed to assess the potential of targeting mutant p53 interaction with topoisomerase I for the reduction of drug resistance development during chemotherapy...
- Nucleotide oligomerization domain-2 interacts with 2'-5'-oligoadenylate synthetase type 2 and enhances RNase-L function in THP-1 cellsJae W Dugan
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, OR 97239 2999, USA
Mol Immunol 47:560-6. 2009..These data indicate connectivity in pathways involved in innate immunity to bacteria and viruses and suggest a regulatory role whereby NOD2 enhances the function of RNase-L...