Andrew J Ahmann
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Current oral agents for type 2 diabetes. Many options, but which to choose when?Andrew J Ahmann
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Clinical Nutrition, Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, OP05, Portland, OR 97201 3098, USA
Postgrad Med 111:32-4, 37-40, 43-6. 2002..In this article, Drs Ahmann and Riddle provide an overview of the oral agents now available for the treatment of diabetes and discuss the clinical factors that help determine when to use which medication and what outcome to expect...
- Designing and implementing insulin infusion protocols and order setsAndrew J Ahmann
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
J Hosp Med 3:42-54. 2008..In many cases, it is best to start more conservatively and methodically intensify the protocol. Continuous assessment of protocol errors, adverse events, staff satisfaction, and outcomes is vital to overall success...
- Guidelines and performance measures for diabetesAndrew J Ahmann
Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Am J Manag Care 13:S41-6. 2007....
- Lessons on developing a better basal insulinAndrew Ahmann
Diabetes Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 6:596-600. 2004
- Inpatient management of hospitalized patients with type 2 diabetesAndrew J Ahmann
Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Curr Diab Rep 4:346-51. 2004..Inpatient subcutaneous insulin recommendations are general based on experience gained in the outpatient setting but offer a practical, physiologic approach...
- Application of comparative effectiveness research in evaluation of treatments for type 2 diabetes mellitusAndrew Ahmann
Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Prk Rd, OP05 DC, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:S41-51. 2011..CER is expected to open new avenues for research to clarify best practices in the treatment of T2DM, as well as possibly reduce treatment costs and improve the overall quality of public health...
- Ultradian variation of blood glucose in intensive care unit patients receiving insulin infusionsStephen M Smith
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Biomedical Research Building (UHN-67, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239-3098, USA
Diabetes Care 30:2503-5. 2007
- Reduction of hospital costs and length of stay by good control of blood glucose levelsAndrew Ahmann
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Endocr Pract 10:53-6. 2004..Comprehensive analyses of cost-effectiveness through prospective, randomized intervention trials are needed, however, to characterize these benefits more precisely...
- What to do when two oral agents fail to control type 2 diabetes--a matter of opinion or a matter of fact?Andrew J Ahmann
Am J Med 116:276-8. 2004
- Advancing insulin therapy in type 2 diabetes previously treated with glargine plus oral agents: prandial premixed (insulin lispro protamine suspension/lispro) versus basal/bolus (glargine/lispro) therapyJulio Rosenstock
Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center at Medical City, Dallas, TX 75230, USA
Diabetes Care 31:20-5. 2008....
- The impact of diabetes and associated cardiometabolic risk factors on members: strategies for optimizing outcomesThomas J Hoerger
Research Triangle Institute International, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 14:S2-14; quiz 15-6. 2008....