R A Towner
Affiliation: Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
- Towner R, Smith N, Doblas S, Tesiram Y, Garteiser P, Saunders D, et al. In vivo detection of c-Met expression in a rat C6 glioma model. J Cell Mol Med. 2008;12:174-86 pubmed publisher..Controls with no Ab or with a normal rat IgG attached to the contrast agent component indicated no non-specific binding to glioma tissue. This is the first successful visualization of in vivo overexpression of c-Met in gliomas. ..
- Towner R, Smith N, Doblas S, Garteiser P, Watanabe Y, He T, et al. In vivo detection of inducible nitric oxide synthase in rodent gliomas. Free Radic Biol Med. 2010;48:691-703 pubmed publisher..In vivo assessment of iNOS levels associated with tumor development is quite feasible in heterogeneous tissues with mMRI...
- Towner R, Jensen R, Colman H, Vaillant B, Smith N, Casteel R, et al. ELTD1, a potential new biomarker for gliomas. Neurosurgery. 2013;72:77-90; discussion 91 pubmed publisher..The detection of ELTD1 was also validated in both rodent and human gliomas and may serve as an additional biomarker for gliomas in preclinical and clinical diagnosis of gliomas. ..
- Towner R, Gillespie D, Schwager A, Saunders D, Smith N, Njoku C, et al. Regression of glioma tumor growth in F98 and U87 rat glioma models by the Nitrone OKN-007. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:330-40 pubmed publisher..001 in F98, P < .05 in U87]), compared with untreated animals. OKN-007 may be considered as a promising therapeutic addition or alternative for the treatment of aggressive human gliomas. ..
- Towner R, Jensen R, Vaillant B, Colman H, Saunders D, Giles C, et al. Experimental validation of 5 in-silico predicted glioma biomarkers. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:1625-34 pubmed publisher..This study strongly suggests that this type of bioinformatics approach has high translational potential to rapidly discern which poorly characterized proteins may be of clinical relevance. ..