B H Jacobson
Affiliation: Oklahoma State University
- The effect of T'ai Chi Chuan training on balance, kinesthetic sense, and strengthB H Jacobson
School of Health, Physical Education, and Leisure Oklahoma State University, Stillwater 74078, USA
Percept Mot Skills 84:27-33. 1997..It appears that T'ai Chi Chuan presents a low-stress method to enhance stability, selected kinesthetic sense, and strength of knee extension...
- Perception of physical variables during four phases of the menstrual cycleB H Jacobson
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater 74078, USA
Percept Mot Skills 87:565-6. 1998..Analysis indicated a significantly lower mean score on perceived strength and speed during the progestational phase and a lower mean for power during menstrual and progestational phases...
- Comparison of perceived comfort differences between standard and experimental load carriage systemsB H Jacobson
School of Applied Health and Educational Psychology, Health and Human Performance, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Ergonomics 46:1035-41. 2003..001) between the participants' personal LCSs and the experimental LCS. In conclusion, vertical load placement may redistribute the load in a manner that reduces symptoms of selected anatomical discomfort...
- An assessment of injuries in college cheerleading: distribution, frequency, and associated factorsB H Jacobson
Oklahoma State University, School of Applied Health and Educational Psychology, 204 Willard Hall, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Br J Sports Med 39:237-40. 2005..Over 50% of all catastrophic injuries in women's sport occur in cheerleading, but unlike other sports, no central tracking system exists...
- Nutrition practices and knowledge of college varsity athletes: a follow-upB H Jacobson
Department of Health and Human Performance, School of Applied Health and Educational Psychology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater 74078, USA
J Strength Cond Res 15:63-8. 2001..Creatine and vitamin/mineral supplements were the most common for men and women, respectively. Despite previous recommendations regarding nutrition education of high-level athletes, diminutive changes have occurred in the past 6 years...
- Relationship between frequency of aerobic activity and illness-related absenteeism in a large employee sampleB H Jacobson
101 Colvin Center, School of Applied Health and Educational Psychology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
J Occup Environ Med 43:1019-25. 2001..No differences were found between any other combinations (2 to 3, 2 to 4+, 3 to 4+ days) of exercise frequency and absenteeism. These data suggest a significant relationship between exercise frequency and illness-related absenteeism...
- Comparison of stability and weight shift among golfers grouped by skill levelJ D Stemm
Athletic Department, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74074, USA
Percept Mot Skills 103:685-92. 2006..In conclusion, as measured in the current study, balance and weight shift are not significantly different among golfers with different skill...