Affiliation: Oklahoma State University
- The father-daughter dance: the relationship between father-daughter relationship quality and daughters' stress responseJennifer Byrd-Craven
Department of Psychology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
J Fam Psychol 26:87-94. 2012..The findings suggest that father-daughter interactions potentially influence both social cognition and HPA reactivity to developmentally salient stressors in young women...
- Biological and evolutionary contributions to developmental sex differencesJennifer Byrd-Craven
210 McAlester Hall, Department of Psychological Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211 2500, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 15:12-22. 2007..Although these differences have strong biological origins, developmental experiences serve to flesh out and elaborate on these differences, or to minimize them, depending on the demands of the culture in which the child is situated...
- Co-ruminating increases stress hormone levels in womenJennifer Byrd-Craven
University of Missouri Columbia, USA
Horm Behav 53:489-92. 2008..These findings suggest that co-rumination can amplify, rather than mitigate, the hormonal stress response to personal life stressors...
- Lean on me: effects of social support on low socioeconomic-status pregnant womenJennifer Byrd-Craven
Department of Psychology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
Nurs Health Sci 15:374-8. 2013..The results suggested that specific social support dynamics, such as co-rumination, during pregnancy have implications for the health of low-income mothers and their infants. ..
- Evolution of human mate choiceDavid C Geary
Department of Psychology, 210 McAlester Hall, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211 2500, USA
J Sex Res 41:27-42. 2004....
- The effect of mortality salience on women's judgments of male facesJames E Vaughn
Department of Psychology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, USA
Evol Psychol 8:477-91. 2010..This sensitivity may serve as an adaptive compromise when choosing a mate in potentially adverse environmental conditions...
- Strategy choices in simple and complex addition: Contributions of working memory and counting knowledge for children with mathematical disabilityDavid C Geary
University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211 2500, USA
J Exp Child Psychol 88:121-51. 2004..Individual differences in the strategy mix and in the strategy shift were related, in part, to individual differences in working memory capacity and counting knowledge...