Joseph R Bidwell
Affiliation: Oklahoma State University
- Occurrence of organic wastewater and other contaminants in cave streams in northeastern Oklahoma and northwestern ArkansasJoseph R Bidwell
Department of Zoology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 58:286-98. 2010....
- Toxicity of copper, lead, and zinc mixtures to Ceriodaphnia dubia and Daphnia carinataNaomi L Cooper
Department of Zoology, Ecotoxicology and Water Quality Research Laboratory, Oklahoma State University, OK 74078, USA
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 72:1523-8. 2009..However, a more than additive effect was indicated by the acute tests for both species exposed to Cu+Pb, for D. carinata exposed to Cu+Zn, and for C. dubia exposed to all three metals...
- Cholinesterase activity and behavior in chlorpyrifos-exposed Rana sphenocephala tadpolesPamela D Widder
Department of Zoology, Oklahoma State University, 430 Life Sciences West, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 25:2446-54. 2006..Tadpole swim speed and survival in the presence of a predator were not affected, with the latter largely resulting from pesticide-induced predator mortality...
- Can site-specific heuristic toxicity models predict the toxicity of produced water?Jonathan C Fisher
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, 74078, USA
Chemosphere 80:542-7. 2010..pulex responses. These results indicate that predicted major ion toxicity, combined with other measured parameters, can accurately and precisely account for observed responses in test organisms to field-collected samples...
- The influence of salinity on metal uptake and effects in the midge Chironomus maddeniJoseph R Bidwell
Department of Zoology, Oklahoma State University, 430 Life Sciences West, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Environ Pollut 139:206-13. 2006..These results highlight the need to consider the influence of existing or potential salinization when undertaking hazard assessments of freshwater systems impacted by contaminants such as trace metals...
- Toxicity evaluation of a commercial bioremediation agent mixed with crude oilJoseph R Bidwell
Department of Zoology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 22:84-91. 2003....
- Cholinesterase inhibition and impacts on behavior of the Asian clam, Corbicula fluminea, after exposure to an organophosphate insecticideNaomi L Cooper
Oklahoma State University, Department of Zoology, Stillwater, OK 74078 3052, USA
Aquat Toxicol 76:258-67. 2006..While these data indicate that cholinesterase activity in C. fluminea could be used as a biomarker of organophosphorous pesticide exposure, valve closure can clearly influence exposure profiles and biomarker response...