Affiliation: Ohio University
- Word-based characterization of promoters involved in human DNA repair pathwaysJens Lichtenberg
Bioinformatics Laboratory, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, USA
BMC Genomics 10:S18. 2009....
- The word landscape of the non-coding segments of the Arabidopsis thaliana genomeJens Lichtenberg
Bioinformatics Laboratory, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Ohio University, Athens, OH, USA
BMC Genomics 10:463. 2009..The frequencies and positional distributions of these words within particular non-coding genomic segments provide important insights into how the words function in processes such as mRNA stability and regulation of gene expression...
- WordSeeker: concurrent bioinformatics software for discovering genome-wide patterns and word-based genomic signaturesJens Lichtenberg
Bioinformatics Laboratory, School of EECS, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 11:S6. 2010..Although a number of methods have been developed for motif discovery, most of them lack the scalability needed to analyze large genomic data sets...
- The SiteSeeker motif discovery toolKlaus Ecker
Russ College of Engineering and Technology, Ohio University Athens, Ohio, USA
In Silico Biol 9:11-22. 2009..A set of At promoters were used as a benchmark for a comparative test against five known tools. It could be verified that SiteSeeker significantly outperformed these tools...
- A bioinformatics approach to the identification, classification, and analysis of hydroxyproline-rich glycoproteinsAllan M Showalter
Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, Department of Environmental and Plant Biology, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701 2979, USA
Plant Physiol 153:485-513. 2010....