Affiliation: Ohio University
- Putative fasciclin-like arabinogalactan-proteins (FLA) in wheat (Triticum aestivum) and rice (Oryza sativa): identification and bioinformatic analysesAhmed Faik
Department of Environmental and Plant Biology, Ohio University, Porter Hall, Athens, OH 45701, USA
Mol Genet Genomics 276:478-94. 2006..The identification of wheat FLAs will facilitate studying their function in plant growth and development and their role in stress response...
- A glucurono(arabino)xylan synthase complex from wheat contains members of the GT43, GT47, and GT75 families and functions cooperativelyWei Zeng
Environmental and Plant Biology department, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701, USA
Plant Physiol 154:78-97. 2010..Our results provide a direct link of the involvement of TaGT43-4, TaGT47-13, and TaGT75-4 proteins (as a core complex) in the synthesis of GAX polymer in wheat...
- Identification and characterization of in vitro galactosyltransferase activities involved in arabinogalactan-protein glycosylation in tobacco and ArabidopsisYan Liang
Department of Environmental and Plant Biology, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701 2979, USA
Plant Physiol 154:632-42. 2010....
- UDP-Xylose-stimulated glucuronyltransferase activity in wheat microsomal membranes: characterization and role in glucurono(arabino)xylan biosynthesisWei Zeng
Department of Environmental and Plant Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701, USA
Plant Physiol 147:78-91. 2008..Size exclusion chromatography indicated that the nascent GAX-like polymer had an apparent molecular mass of approximately 10 to 15 kD; however, mature GAXs from wheat cell walls had larger apparent molecular masses (>66 kD)...
- Arabidopsis thaliana RGXT1 and RGXT2 encode Golgi-localized (1,3)-alpha-D-xylosyltransferases involved in the synthesis of pectic rhamnogalacturonan-IIJack Egelund
Biotechnology Group, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences and Center for Molecular Plant Physiology, DK 1871 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Plant Cell 18:2593-607. 2006..Taken together, these results suggest that RGXT1 and RGXT2 encode Golgi-localized (1,3)-alpha-d-xylosyltransferases involved in the biosynthesis of pectic rhamnogalacturonan-II...