Eugene S Chung
Affiliation: Ohio Heart and Vascular Center
- Relationship of a quality measure composite to clinical outcomes for patients with heart failureEugene S Chung
Christ Hospital and the Ohio Heart and Vascular Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Am J Med Qual 23:168-75. 2008..To determine whether compliance with heart failure performance measures (HFPMs) is associated with short-term outcome benefit...
- Effect of automated, point-of-care electronic medical record screening for appropriate implantable device use in heart failure patientsEugene S Chung
The Heart and Vascular Center at the Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, OH 45219, USA
Am J Med Qual 27:524-8. 2012..The number of resulting actionable items declines dramatically and plateaus by 10 months, affording an opportunity to cycle, rather than add, other screening protocols...
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy may benefit patients with left ventricular ejection fraction >35%: a PROSPECT trial substudyEugene S Chung
The Christ Hospital and The Ohio Heart and Vascular Center, 2123 Auburn Avenue, Ste 100, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Eur J Heart Fail 12:581-7. 2010..To evaluate whether patients with LVEF >35% might benefit from CRT, we performed a retrospective analysis of the predictors of response to CRT (PROSPECT) database...
- Effect of peri-infarct pacing early after myocardial infarction: results of the prevention of myocardial enlargement and dilatation post myocardial infarction studyEugene S Chung
The Heart and Vascular Center, The Christ Hospital, 2123 Auburn Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45219, USA
Circ Heart Fail 3:650-8. 2010..Because ventricular pacing has been shown to reduce regional wall stress and workload in regions near the pacing site, this trial was designed to test whether chronic pacing near the infarct attenuates LV remodeling...
- Results of the Predictors of Response to CRT (PROSPECT) trialEugene S Chung
Lindner Clinical Trial Center, Cincinnati, OH 45219, USA
Circulation 117:2608-16. 2008..In a prospective, multicenter setting, the Predictors of Response to CRT (PROSPECT) study tested the performance of these parameters to predict CRT response...
- Peri-infarct pacing with CRT in the early postinfarct phase to attenuate long-term remodelingEugene S Chung
The Christ Hospital Heart and Vascular Center, The Ohio Heart and Vascular Center, The Lindner Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Cardiovasc Transl Res 2:126-9. 2009..MENDMI will help to determine whether chronic application of peri-infarct pacing provides structural and clinical benefits and will help in the design of further investigations to modify postinfarction ventricular remodeling...
- Feasibility of biventricular pacing in patients with recent myocardial infarction: impact on ventricular remodelingEugene S Chung
The Christ Hospital, Ohio Heart and Vascular Center, and the Lindner Clinical Trial Center, Cincinnati, OH 45219, USA
Congest Heart Fail 13:9-15. 2007..06). Delivery of biventricular therapy early after myocardial infarction appears safe and feasible and may attenuate subsequent LV dilation...
- Safety and tolerability of serial home infusions of nesiritide for advanced heart failureEugene S Chung
The Lindner Clinical Trial Center, The Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Am J Cardiol 97:1370-3. 2006..In conclusion, serial home infusions of nesiritide in patients with advanced HF appear to be safe and well tolerated, but the efficacy of this therapeutic strategy requires definition in a larger, randomized trial...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, pilot trial of infliximab, a chimeric monoclonal antibody to tumor necrosis factor-alpha, in patients with moderate-to-severe heart failure: results of the anti-TNF Therapy Against Congestive Heart Failure (ATEugene S Chung
The Lindner Center and Ohio Heart Health Center, Cincinnati 45219, USA
Circulation 107:3133-40. 2003..We evaluated the efficacy and safety of infliximab, a chimeric monoclonal antibody to TNFalpha, in patients with moderate-to-severe heart failure...
- Early revascularization and ACC/AHA guideline-compliant medical management improve left ventricular function and short-term prognosis in patients presenting with acute myocardial infarction and severe left ventricular dysfunctionJohn J Young
The Ohio Heart and Vascular Center, The Lindner Center for Research and Education at The Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 18:540-3. 2006..We sought to determine the impact of contemporary treatment strategies on LV function and prognosis in patients with MI and severe LV dysfunction...
- Patterns of left ventricular remodeling in patients with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: a cardiac MRI study of ventricular geometry, global function, and strainWojciech Mazur
The Heart and Vascular Center at the Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 28:99-107. 2012..03). The LVRI of DMD patients is unexpectedly normal and not correlated with ε(cc.) Based on these findings, DMD-associated heart disease exhibits a unique remodeling pattern distinct from DCM...
- Effects of steroids and angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition on circumferential strain in boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy: a cross-sectional and longitudinal study utilizing cardiovascular magnetic resonanceKan N Hor
The Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:60. 2011....
- Comparison of ultrafiltration, nesiritide, and usual care in acute decompensated heart failureCheryl Bartone
Heart Center of Greater Cincinnati at The Christ Hospital and The Ohio Heart and Vascular Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Congest Heart Fail 14:298-301. 2008..These findings, as well as the effects on renal function and length of stay, need to be further evaluated in a prospective randomized study...
- Presence of mechanical dyssynchrony in Duchenne muscular dystrophyKan N Hor
The Heart and Vascular Center, The Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:12. 2011..We hypothesized that mechanical dyssynchrony is present in DMD patients and that cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) may predict CRT efficacy...
- Prognostic utility of microvolt T-wave alternans in risk stratification of patients with ischemic cardiomyopathyTheodore Chow
The Lindner Clinical Trial Center at the Christ Hospital and the Ohio Heart and Vascular Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:1820-7. 2006..08 [1.18 to 3.66]; p = 0.01). CONCLUSIONS: Microvolt T-wave alternans is a strong and independent predictor of all-cause and arrhythmic mortality in patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy...
- The role of echocardiography in cardiac resynchronization therapyWojciech Mazur
The Heart and Vascular Center, Christ Hospital, 2123 Auburn Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45219, USA
Curr Heart Fail Rep 6:37-43. 2009..In long-term follow-up, serial measurement of left ventricular volume has significant correlation with mortality and is a reasonable measure of successful CRT; echocardiography is uniquely suited for this purpose...
- Algorithm-based assessment of target weight removal in acute decompensated heart failureThomas M O'Brien
Heart and Vascular Center at the Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Congest Heart Fail 18:43-6. 2012..Furthermore, this algorithm could be utilized by general practitioners in settings where an HF specialist is not readily available...
- Comparison of magnetic resonance feature tracking for strain calculation with harmonic phase imaging analysisKan N Hor
Department of Cardiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 3:144-51. 2010....
- Redefining hospital readmissions to better reflect clinical course of care for heart failure patients- Lin Guo
Department of Health Services Administration, Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH 45207 7331, USA
Am J Med Qual 22:98-102. 2007..It can identify readmissions regardless of when they occur. It increases a readmission sample size and thus statistical power...
- Enhanced external counterpulsation improves exercise duration and peak oxygen consumption in older patients with heart failure: a subgroup analysis of the PEECH trialCharles W Abbottsmith
The Ohio Heart and Vascular Center, Cincinnati, OH 45219, USA
Congest Heart Fail 12:307-11. 2006..017). The authors conclude that an older subgroup of PEECH subjects confirms the beneficial effect of EECP in patients with chronic, stable, mild-to-moderate heart failure...
- Coronary sinus to left atrial communicationVandhana Scheller
Ohio Heart and Vascular Center, The Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, OH 45242, USA
Case Report Med 2009:790715. 2009..In conclusion, further investigations revealed a communication between the coronary sinus (CS) and left atrium (LA)...
- Heart failure in pressure overload hypertrophy. The relative roles of ventricular remodeling and myocardial dysfunctionGavin R Norton
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Pathophysiology, Department of Physiology, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:664-71. 2002..Hence, heart failure in POH is more closely related to deleterious LV remodeling than to depressed myocardial function...