David S Plurad
Affiliation: Office of Health Assessment and Epidemiology
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia in severe traumatic brain injury: the clinical significance of admission chest computed tomography findingsDavid S Plurad
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Division of Trauma, Acute Care Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California 91024, USA
J Surg Res 183:371-6. 2013..Bilateral dependent consolidation (BDC) can be seen on admission chest computed tomography (CCT) in STBI. We hypothesize that this finding may be associated with VAP...
- Arginine vasopressin significantly increases the rate of successful organ procurement in potential donorsDavid S Plurad
Division of Trauma, Acute Care Surgery and Surgical Critical Care, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA, USA
Am J Surg 204:856-60; discussion 860-1. 2012..Arginine vasopressin (AVP) has also been shown to have beneficial effects. The aim of this study was to determine the effect of AVP on recovery rates...
- The effect of arginine vasopressin on organ donor procurement and lung functionDevon S Callahan
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma Acute Care Surgery and Surgical Critical Care, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California Electronic address
J Surg Res 186:452-7. 2014..We hypothesize that AVP is associated with the maintenance of lung function and successful recovery in donors and enhanced lung graft performance in recipients...
- Donor hormone and vasopressor therapy: closing the gap in a transplant organ shortageDavid S Plurad
Division of Trauma Surgical Critical Care, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California 90509
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 73:689-94. 2012..The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of HRT in donors without significant cardiovascular dysfunction and examine outcomes according to vasopressor exposure...
- Penetrating cardiac injury and the significance of chest computed tomography findingsDavid S Plurad
Division of Trauma Acute Care Surgery Surgical Critical Care, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 1000 W Carson St, Box 42, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Emerg Radiol 20:279-84. 2013..CCT is a potentially useful modality for the evaluation of cardiac injuries in high-risk stable patients. The presence of HPC and/or PPC on CCT after penetrating thoracic trauma is highly indicative of a significant cardiac injury...