Affiliation: Office of Health Assessment and Epidemiology
- Building community disaster resilience: perspectives from a large urban county department of public healthAlonzo Plough
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA 90005, USA
Am J Public Health 103:1190-7. 2013....
- Pandemics and health equity: lessons learned from the H1N1 response in Los Angeles CountyAlonzo Plough
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, CA 90005, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 17:20-7. 2011..Wide racial/ethnic disparities in vaccination rates were observed with African Americans having the lowest rate followed by whites...
- Applying community engagement to disaster planning: developing the vision and design for the Los Angeles County Community Disaster Resilience initiativeKenneth B Wells
Center for Health Services and Society, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Public Health 103:1172-80. 2013..A CR toolkit and demonstration comparing its implementation with individual preparedness were codeveloped. Community-partnered participatory research was a useful framework to plan a CR initiative through knowledge exchange...
- Community engagement in disaster preparedness and recovery: a tale of two cities--Los Angeles and New OrleansKenneth B Wells
Center for Health Services and Society, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 36:451-66. 2013....
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health's Health Hazard Assessment: putting the "health" into hazard assessmentBrandon Dean
Emergency Preparedness and Response Program, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Los Angeles, California 90005, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 19:S84-90. 2013....